No announcement yet.

New here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No need to be harsh to the new guy. Maybe he has lots of panther parts at the yards he's near.

Welcome to GMN!
    Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
    Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
      Bullshit, I dare you to find a perfect trunklid in a junkyard. We got a mang here who needs a perfect trunklid, and can't find one, if that thing is perfect, it's worth it to ship it.
      I live near Atlanta, and have several Pull-A-Part's within a couple hours drive of my house. You can go on there and see how many of these cars are in the yard. Down here, most cars of this vintage are junked simply because of some mechanical failure that would cost more then the car is worth to fix. That car I stripped is completely rust free, as are most of them in the junkyard.. Pull-A-Part crushes the cars every couple of months or so, so there is almost always fresh cars in there.

Well, you turned it on it's roof, so you ruined the crown trim on top of it, I think. How's the grille? And does this have the tripminder clock? It's a clock that looks like this
      Pics thanks to Pete and Thain.

If yes, I want it's complete harness. It should the harness should unplug, so it shouldn't be hard to remove. Thanks so much.
      It dosen't have that kind of clock, but I have seen them in the junkyard a few times before. I'll keep an eye out for you. When you say harness, do you mean the entire dash harness? How exactly does it all wire up and work? I'd like to find one for the Grand Marquis, too. And I noticed that the clock will physically screw into the console in my '80 Capri, so that would be cool if I could put one in there as well...

Comment

welcome to gmn mang hope everything goes allright for you getting her back on the road check out my thread on tripminder install in to a 89 http://grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=25092
        also make sure you get the whole harness to the tripminder

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
        302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
        k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Originally posted by gabegt90 View Post
          welcome to gmn mang hope everything goes allright for you getting her back on the road check out my thread on tripminder install in to a 89 http://grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=25092
          also make sure you get the whole harness to the tripminder
          Good info, thanks! I see you also have a later style radio (looks the same as the one in my dad's '95 Mustang GT), what modifications did you have to make to get that in there?

Comment

Originally posted by 89Merc View Post
            It dosen't have that kind of clock, but I have seen them in the junkyard a few times before. I'll keep an eye out for you. When you say harness, do you mean the entire dash harness? How exactly does it all wire up and work? I'd like to find one for the Grand Marquis, too. And I noticed that the clock will physically screw into the console in my '80 Capri, so that would be cool if I could put one in there as well...
            Sorry for jumping at you earlier, it's just that good condition pieces for these cars are pretty much non existant in the junkyards by me. I was lucky enough to find a perfect dash pad.

Anyway, for the clock there's a separate harness that plugs into the wires for a regular digital clock, a fuel flow wire and another one which I forget. That harness should be able to be removed intact without cutting it. If you could find one with the harness for me that would be awesome. If you are going to put this into your '89, you'll need a certain harness from an '89 vic or grand marq. Or change a '88 or older model to fit your car. '85 and under doesn't use a jumper wire that the '86 and newer had, which is what you'd need for the tripminder to work correctly. Good luck finding them mang. Also, what color is the interior of the '86.

Comment

Good info, thanks! I see you also have a later style radio (looks the same as the one in my dad's '95 Mustang GT), what modifications did you have to make to get that in there?
              since My car did not have premium sound in it the connectors where the same like the old radio. I got my radio from a 94 mercury sable with the 6 preset buttons on it. first you got to cut off the metal locking tabs on the side. Then what I did was got a metra aftermarket radio installation kit. Then slide the radio in there is was a perfect fit.

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
              302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
              k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Sorry for jumping at you earlier, it's just that good condition pieces for these cars are pretty much non existant in the junkyards by me. I was lucky enough to find a perfect dash pad.
                No problem. Nice interior parts can be hard to find around here, also. I'm currently searching for a nice dash pad for the Grand Marquis.

The interior is gray in the '86. The dash pad is fuxored in it also, the steering wheel is well worn, and the car belonged to a smoker at some point, so there are cigarette burns in the left front door panel, as well as some burns in the carpet and front seat. It does have a nice instrument cluster, showing 21,xxx miles. The car also has a pretty nice grille on it, I believe. Looks like I need to just buy up all the trip minder clocks I can get my hands on!

Comment

No problem. Nice interior parts can be hard to find around here, also. I'm currently searching for a nice dash pad for the Grand Marquis.

The interior is gray in the '86. The dash pad is fuxored in it also, the steering wheel is well worn, and the car belonged to a smoker at some point, so there are cigarette burns in the left front door panel, as well as some burns in the carpet and front seat. It does have a nice instrument cluster, showing 21,xxx miles. The car also has a pretty nice grille on it, I believe. Looks like I need to just buy up all the trip minder clocks I can get my hands on!
                  Any Vic or Grand Marquis from '79-'89 will fit in your merc. Towncar ones will not work though. Perfect dash pads are prized jewels and if you find one, take care of it. Clean it up then put protection on it like armor all or something along those lines. So are the tripminder clocks. The harnesses are very rare too. Grab all of the tripminder harnesses too.

Comment

I Can get mint trunk lids around here every so often, but I'm not gonna ship something that large and heavy though. It would require building a Crate without a doubt, and I could see shipping costing around $2-300 through a freight service. If anyone does need one, or any other mint Box Body Parts, I can get them, but it is Local Pickup Only.

Comment

Working...
                    X