chevy wagon man, and merc wagon wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chevy wagon man, and merc wagon wife

so i decided to lok up a forum such as this for my wife. we are both fans of the full size wagons. she tends to be a fan of the ford side, but i let that slide every now and again.

any ways we just picked up a 91 colony park a few days ago. wife already has the wood grain stripped off of it (too much rust trying to surface under neith of it.

have a few plans for it which i will get into a lil bit later, got to run, wifes out working on the car, and wants me to join!
    f/s modded 99 s10 - $3500, F/s 90 accord - $450, f/s 84 Cutlass $2200, parting out another 90 accord
    86 LTD wagon - wifes back up car
    slammed 86 pontiac wagon - back up dd
    79 fairmont - DD

What Chevy wagon do you have?
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Welcome dude, methinks we can be a lot of help with Ford-specific info for your lady, and some of us happen to like Chevs as well so by all means if you need help or advice ask away no matter which vehicle you're working on.

Comment

We might drive Fords but we don't hate other makes.....most of us....
        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

welcome to gmn!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Welcome. Lets see what you got!
            1990 LTD Crown Vic w/ dead 5.0
            1984 Pontiac 6000 cammed 2.5L Iron Duke
            1986 F-150 300 6cyl 5spd.
            1994 Crown Vic... Free, bad trans?

Comment

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

well that's glad to hear that i can like my chevys and still be on here lol.

I CURRENTLY have an 86 pontiac parissian wagon. with 2 cut coils in the front, and 80's cutless rear coils springs in the rear

as soon as we buy a house and i have a some extra dollars (HAHAHA) i'm going to bag it. wife is waiting for me to figure out what kind of design i want her to do in the headliner since it needs replaced.

back to her car... ok so we ...i mean SHE.. has removed ALL of the woodgrain, 3 layers of scratched and peeling purple tint, and all most all of the exterior trim that goes around the wood grain. oh she let me take the roof rack off last night.

she needs LOTs of rust removal, tune up, and power window motors. all of which my wife wants to do, and can do after i show her how

we will get pics here soon

oh and she has carefully removed all of the trim so that it may be able to be reused by some of person that needs it!
                f/s modded 99 s10 - $3500, F/s 90 accord - $450, f/s 84 Cutlass $2200, parting out another 90 accord
                79 fairmont - DD

Comment

wife who loves to work on car.....

wow

looking forward to pics. Got a 91 CV I'm resurrecting. Taking of the rack is something I've thought about. I'd never use it and I'd like to slicken it up a bit.

T.A. Malpass 83 LTD Crown Victoria P43

Comment

and she did take some before pics!

and rear gate dewooded
                    79 fairmont - DD

Comment

wow, i really like the pontiac wagon. That thing would make an awesome sleeper.

Comment

yea a 455 and 5 speed would be great
                        79 fairmont - DD

Comment

I got some friends a little north of me that have two Caprice Wagons, a 94 Caprice Interceptor, 3 regular caprices, and one parts car that is hidden since it still has all the badges. lol. Anyways Welcome and wagons are fun to drive
                          sigpic[LIST][*]99 Crown Vic Police Interceptor aka The Cruiser
                          [*]87 Chevy 20 Van 350TBI
                          [*]94 Mercury Grand Marquis aka Babyblue RIP
                          [*]83 Chrysler New Yorker 5th Ave 318 V8

Comment

My dad has an '81 Caprice Estate Wagon with a 350 Oldsmobile, and TH400 in it. It has 300K on the drivetrain, and more on the car itself. It was originally a diesel.

Its a rusted junk now, but was a fanatstic car. Has a posi, and goes everywhere in the wintertime.
                            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

My friends 94 needs transmission work, he can drive around his yard, which it's a pretty good sized yard, and then he has no gears or something. He says the filter get's clogged but it's not just the filter. So I don't know. They have a lot of them cars.
                              sigpic[LIST][*]99 Crown Vic Police Interceptor aka The Cruiser
                              [*]87 Chevy 20 Van 350TBI
                              [*]94 Mercury Grand Marquis aka Babyblue RIP
                              [*]83 Chrysler New Yorker 5th Ave 318 V8

Comment

Working...
                              X