Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90 Colony Park here in Louisville, Ky.

Hi Guys,

Have had this car since new, and has upwards of 250,xxx on the clock... not sure exactly, because the odometer gear had broken for damn near 3 years I'm guessing. I finally got around to finally fixing the gears from a local pull-a-part, and well it lasted only 8813 miles... ha! Got some other plans for that later. Car actually is in great shape... hood has CC peeling some and some minor rust is starting to form on the outer quarters as well as the front fenders. Was in Northern Michigan for 10 years of it life,

Nothing major has been done to the engine... all stock...just 2 years ago I changed the stock alternator, still running on the stock starter, & waterpump. The tranny went out 3 years ago, only because I was un-aware of the plastic bushing had broke on me god knows when on the throttle cable and burned the tranny up.

Has all the same problem starting to develop like all of your guys Colony Parks... ie, water leaking in from the tailgate on the top right side, tailgate switch works sometimes and not other times. And the Airbag light has been flashing for many years (haven't fiqured that one out yet.) Noticed there was a TSB/recall on that though.

Some mods/swapping that I have done consists of ditching the OEM turbine wheels due to the wheel weights scatching the hell out of the clearcoat. I replaced them with the ones from a Grand marquis sedan. Got the cupholder/ashtray. Working on getting a windshield that has the de-icer feature... I've already got the whole wiring harness and switch and correct trim installed. The oem windshield is showing signs in area's of fogging along the egdes. Updated the heater control Module from a 91... my buttons were broke, they wiggled back and fourth, noticed the newer versions were made a little differently. Presently have the police issued 140mph overlay. Changed out the ugly plastic chrome Dome light and using one from a 96 T-Bird. Ditched the Aluminum sill plates and installed ones from a 90 lincoln.. the one piece black sill plates, they were just 2-3" to long so I cut them down to fit nicely... a nice improvement to the look.

I've been browsing alot in the last couple of days on this site and sure I'm finding out alot more about these cars.... THANKS!

Jeff B.
    My 90 Colony Park...All Stock/ My 89 T-Bird SuperCoupe...Modded

Welcome! Post pics of your rides sometime.
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

welcome to gmn jeff!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Sounds great please post some pics up in the readers ride section. So far what you did is very cool.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Thx so far guys for the nice warm welcome... the guys over on the www.sccoa.com (supercoupe club of america) forums are as equally friendly.

I'll post some pic's of my CP soon as mentioned over in the readers ride section of both my cars.

Jeff B.

Comment

welcome to the site!

Comment

The only parts of Michigan I've lived in are south-central (Lansing) and Detroit. Do they salt the heck out of the roads farther north like they do here?
              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post

The only parts of Michigan I've lived in are south-central (Lansing) and Detroit. Do they salt the heck out of the roads farther north like they do here?
                Yes... my parents actually still live up there... their 38 miles south of the MAC bridge, and wow! what a very nice country side up there.

Comment

Here are about 6-8 shots I took of the wagon today.... sorry for the dirty appearence guys! Seriously, I have not washed it in about a month.

Comment

Welcome!
                    Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                    Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X