Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another new guy

Howdy, folks!

My name is Greg, and I just bought a 1988 Crown Vic. I am looking forward to learning more about these cars.

I am a life long die hard Ford man, too. I have a 1971 Torino GT with a big block stroker in it, and my Bro has a '71 Torino hardtop with a big block as well.

Also have a 1995 F350 that I converted to 4 wheel drive not too long ago.

Thanks for the space!

Greg

Welcome! Where ya from?
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Welcome!
      Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
      Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Oops, I forgot to put my location in my profile. It's fixed now.....

I live in Denton, TX, just North of Fort Worth.

Greg

Comment

welcome!
          Former panther owner
          1981 CV 351 4bbl
          1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, fellas!

Here's the car the day after we bought it.

We took it to the local 1/8 mile dragstrip and my wife ran it...LOL.... it went 11.90 at 56 mph.

She went all the way to the semi finals, and was put out by the track champion, but she got a nice trophy and two free passes to the track.

Not bad for her first ever drag race!

Greg

Comment

Nice. Any interior pics. 140 speedo? This may have been an ex police car! Or something similar. You seem to have a slick top, and no granny trim cladding along the bottom! Really nice.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Welcome greg! Good to see another Texan. Nice car. Any plans to hop that thing up?

2011 Grand Marquis LS Ultimate Edition
                Dual Exhaust w/ AP XLerator mufflers and 3 1/2" tips, Eibach 1" rear sway bar, Pioneer Head unit and speakers, 17X8 Drag DR-72 wheels

RIP 1984 2Dr Crown Vic "The Millennium Falcon"
                Carbed 5.0 HO w/nitrous , Performer RPM intake, GT40P heads, E303 cam, FRP Shorties, FRP 9mm plug wires, Off-Road H-pipe, Magnaflow round mufflers, 2000 rpm stall
                NA-15.78@91.21, 80hp shot-14.48@96.21

Comment

Nice panther, like the color. Who's got the Olds in the background

Comment

I did a vin decoder deal and it came back saying the car was a fleet vehicle.....not sure what that means.

It has an 85 mph speedometer.

As for the Olds, that's my wife's. It's also the reason I bought the crown vic.

I am going to put the olds body on the crown vic chassis and running gear.

Believe it or not, that's more cost effective than rebuilding the 371 and 4 speed auto trans that are in the car now.

Plus, the olds will have a reliable Ford powertrain and a well engineered suspension that is light years ahead of what was put on the car in 1960!

Greg

Comment

That olds is FREAKING AWESOME!! Sorry, but unless the chassis is rusty as hell, I'd just shove an olds 455 and 200r4 into that thing and be done with it. It is just too sweet to mess with!
                      Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

welcome!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Thanks again for the nice welcome, guys, you've got a nice place here.

Greg

Comment

Welcome!!
                            '79 Continental Town Car
                            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

welcome to gmn mang nice vic you got there

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                              302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                              k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Working...
                              X