hi from another new guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi from another new guy

Got my '89 GM, so far its cost me under $600 (car, tax, title, reg, oil/filter, plugs, coolant, wiper blades, and various forms of stop leak). Just turned 189k miles today,its red in & out, most of the clear coat is gone (weight reduction), the dash is cracked, its got nasty hood shake above 75, and the right rear tire is getting progressively balder. Mostly I just want to get it through the Winter.

About 6 years ago I had an '89 CS, red/red, around 149k miles, most clear still intact, no cracked dash. I was walking away from the car and heard a hissing noise, looked under the nose and got a fireball to the face. That was the end of that, fortunately (somewhat), a couple weeks prior I had taken out the driver's side of a Mirage and rather than fix it, the guy sold it to me for the $1000 he figured it was worth before the custom body work. Ultimately the left front wheel of that mirage went sailing off the car (I took it muddin, cracked a couple studs, whoops) and I sold it for $150.

Other than that, my Dad has a '92 CV, his Dad has a '94 GM and an '88 GM (nearing 300k miles on basic maintenance), he's had just about every style of LTD built since the mid-60's. To sum it up, I've been around these things a while, and despite that, I still bought another one.
    '90 Mustang GT vert
    '89 GM - 189K & rising
    '07 Daytona - cuz i don't have enough money to build a car this quick

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

welcome to gmn mang where in ct are you there a couple of guys in the ct area near hartford off I 84

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
      302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
      k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

welcome
        sigpicTHE H.I.D MASTER
        87 mercury grand marquis
        88 crown vic lx
        89 mercury colony park ls (sold)
        89 mercury grand marquis (sold)
        00 ford crown vic lx hpp
        03 mercury marauder aka punisher (sold )

Comment

thx all, I'm about 10 minutes east of Hartford (might as well be Vernon) and unfortunately have to take 84 through it to get to work & back.
          '90 Mustang GT vert
          '89 GM - 189K & rising
          '07 Daytona - cuz i don't have enough money to build a car this quick

Comment

Welcome!
            '79 Continental Town Car
            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
            X