I'm Back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
    welcome back mang! you talking about your teen years makes me wonder how old you are?!...
    I graduated high school in 2003. I just hit the middle of my 20s this year.

Had a few grey hairs for 2 or 3 years though!

Comment

oh, im almost at that mid 20s point too...i guess i can relate lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by NitroNic View Post

Hell, you talk as if you're old. My older brother is the same age as you.

sigpic
        - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Welcome back!

Comment

mid 20s is old... but when you reach your 30s... not so much

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarquis View Post
              Hell, you talk as if you're old.
              I'm starting to feel and act that way too. I catch myself saying stuff like, "Damn teenagers!" when I was one myself less than 6 years ago.

Other things that contribute to me feeling old are:
              • I got married
              • I bought a house (well... I made a down payment on a house and make my second mortgage payment tomorrow)
              • I graduated college after 6 years
              • I started a fun but challenging and occasionally exhausting career working for an IOC
              • I have a couple of retirement accounts <--- That one SCREAMS "old"!
              • I've gained 20 to 25 pounds in the last year, which I attribute mostly to laziness but also the job and marriage.

However, the following things help me feel still young:
              • I have no kids or grandkids
              • I still ride my Heelys every now and then
              • I can still walk without a cain or walker
              • I don't take any presciption medication and rarely take anything other than the occasional aspirin
              • I watch SouthPark, Family Guy, and MythBusters quite frequently.
              • giggedy giggedy goo!

So I guess it all kind of averages out to zero... so I'm just kind of "meh."

Comment

Mythbusters is the bomb!

oh wait

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

I'm starting to feel and act that way too. I catch myself saying stuff like, "Damn teenagers!" when I was one myself less than 6 years ago.

Other things that contribute to me feeling old are:
                  • I got married
                  • I bought a house (well... I made a down payment on a house and make my second mortgage payment tomorrow)
                  • I graduated college after 6 years
                  • I started a fun but challenging and occasionally exhausting career working for an IOC
                  • I have a couple of retirement accounts <--- That one SCREAMS "old"!
                  • I've gained 20 to 25 pounds in the last year, which I attribute mostly to laziness but also the job and marriage.

Well, getting married and buying a house, graduating and starting a career are things you do when you're young. Just wait until you're looking at your twentieth anniversary or paying of your mortgage. THEN you'll be old. :smirk:

And I'm only 21 and have personalized railroad retirement and myself a 401K. Not to mention I started my career at 18 and sold away my youth. But I still feel young, just gotta find the time to enjoy it.

RIDE THEM HEELYS MORE!

sigpic
                  - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarquis View Post
                    Well, getting married and buying a house, graduating and starting a career are things you do when you're young. Just wait until you're looking at your twentieth anniversary or paying of your mortgage. THEN you'll be old. :smirk:

And I'm only 21 and have personalized railroad retirement and myself a 401K. Not to mention I started my career at 18 and sold away my youth. But I still feel young, just gotta find the time to enjoy it.

RIDE THEM HEELYS MORE!
                    I brought the Heelys with me to Dallas this weekend B-)

What railroad do you work for?

Comment

really? I was in 5th grade in 2003
                      Welcome back!
                      Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
                      New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

heh... you guys make me feel old, and I'm not. I graduated HS in '96. Would have been sooner if the school would have let me skip a grade here and there. I was one of those guys the teachers hated because I would sleep through their classes and get at least B's.

College was different... I actually had to take about 50 pages of notes (for the whole time actually. knew lots of folks that would take like 50 pages of notes a day) and stay awake in most of my classes to graduate Magna with a 3.84 GPA (4 point system of course). Made up for my slacking in HS but due to that slacking... I now have 2 mortgages... one is my education.

Comment

I brought the Heelys with me to Dallas this weekend B-)

What railroad do you work for?
                          I've been thinking about buying some Heelys, I just don't really wear anything but cowboy boots...

I've been with Norfolk Southern for almost three years now.

sigpic

Comment

Cool. I’ve been a train enthusiast (to some extent) since I was about 5. At that age I wanted to be an engineer for some reason. I never ended up going that route or anything railroad related… but I still like them.

Are you a conductor? Engineer?
                            None of the above?

Comment

Cool. I’ve been a train enthusiast (to some extent) since I was about 5. At that age I wanted to be an engineer for some reason. I never ended up going that route or anything railroad related… but I still like them.

Are you a conductor? Engineer?
                              None of the above?
                              Hired on as a conductor. With NS, it's a mandatory promotion to engineer whenever seniority dictates. I've got about 15 people ahead of me before I go to engineer school. They only send so many a year, so it'll be anywhere from 3-5 years before I get my chance.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X