New owner from Miami,Florida.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New owner from Miami,Florida.

HI you guys. I've been since November in this forum and have ever since Liked it. It has helped me a lot with my car. Here is a car that I bought for $700.

Was sold because it had a bad transmission, Supposedly. Fixed the tv bushing and it shifts finally. The tv cable was hold by a bolt. and I drove it like that was an idiot. Now fixed it with a bushing but will want to but a brass bushing.
    This forum helped me fix this car. Just need a bumper front left fender and paint. The car is like new inside. It came with A/c converted to r134a. The only thing is that I need to fix the odometer. If anyone can help me thank you.
    1992 Mercury Grand Marquis.
    Upgrades: Big Brake Upgrade, digital dash, Custom ignition Switch system, sequential tail lights, Teflon Fuel lines, LED interior lights, rear end rebuild with limited slip.
    Future upgrades: 5.0 swap, 4r70w swap, aluminum driveshaft.
    sigpic

Nice ride! There's a thread or two regarding odometer repairs on here somewhere.
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Thanks. I'll be sure to search for that tomorrow. I just need to know which things I need to buy.
      Upgrades: Big Brake Upgrade, digital dash, Custom ignition Switch system, sequential tail lights, Teflon Fuel lines, LED interior lights, rear end rebuild with limited slip.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pivichot View Post
        Thanks. I'll be sure to search for that tomorrow. I just need to know which things I need to buy.
        Check this link out:

'79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

that third one down is the one my 93 needed for the odometer to work. It fits on the peg on the one below it. I didn't know about these sites at the time and fashioned one from a similar remote control car hobby shop gear. Had to grind it down and fill the center hole with some rod to make it all fit... but I think I only spent about $10 on it. Though the real gear would probably work better. Mine has a tick now since the gear teeth are not an exact match.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Welcome. Nice Grand Marquis
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

thank you, 79lincolnlover. I'll be sure to buy it once I dissassemble the speedometer.
              sigpic

Comment

Welcome!
                I just bought a set back in March from PATC.com. I spent $40 on the set, but they are the good ones that don't break. I figured it was worth it because I don't want to replace
                those again.
                Welcome to the Party!

-ryan s.
                08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                Originally posted by pantera77
                Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Welcome!

2011 Grand Marquis LS Ultimate Edition
                  Dual Exhaust w/ AP XLerator mufflers and 3 1/2" tips, Eibach 1" rear sway bar, Pioneer Head unit and speakers, 17X8 Drag DR-72 wheels

RIP 1984 2Dr Crown Vic "The Millennium Falcon"
                  Carbed 5.0 HO w/nitrous , Performer RPM intake, GT40P heads, E303 cam, FRP Shorties, FRP 9mm plug wires, Off-Road H-pipe, Magnaflow round mufflers, 2000 rpm stall
                  NA-15.78@91.21, 80hp shot-14.48@96.21

Comment

welcome to gmn mang

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                    302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                    k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Nice Grand Marquis!...Miami and Fort Lauderdale is Panther heaven.
                      [2] 05 C.V.L.X.
                      07 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

Working...
                      X