SVT98t's 2003 Mercury Marauder **DUW**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SVT98t's 2003 Mercury Marauder **DUW**

Since I got it back on the road, i feel entitled to create a page for it.
    I bought it on April 1st, 2006, from a lawyer in Cleveland who had no idea what it really was. It had 25,217 miles on it.
    At his house, about to bring it home!

Just pulled in the driveway from Cleveland. Welcome!!!

First thing added was the JLT Cold Air Intake!

Then a ProGuard rear diffuser. It fills the space between the fuel vapor recovery system and the bumper and prevents the bumper from "ballooning" at highway speeds. And it saves a couple MPG's.

In September of that year, I had a right rear tire go down. So, i found that Sears had the lowest price on my tire. So I took my tire in to Sears to have them put a new one on. They ended up scratching the piss out of the rim and I made them buy me a new one. Bad idea. It looked great for the first 3 months. Then all the finish and coatings and crap came off and it looks all oxidized and corroded. Like this...

I got the idea to put vinyl eyelids on the Marauder. Some people like it, some don't. I think they're pretty cool.

Then, after the move back to NY, I did the S-55 treatment to the tail lamps with Niteshades.

Before:

After:

Then, unfortunately, in December 2007, the transmission went and it sat for 18 months:

Here's the transmission pan-

But, this let me install something a better: like a 3500 stall PI Stallion torque converter!!!

And i was motivated enough to put my 180* thermostat in. But, there are no pictures of that install.
    But the transmission has a Deep Pan! And i put a brand new Optima Red Top in.

And today i had my 4" res-delete tips put on.
    Before:

After:

And they're that big....

And now, the random, sexy-time pictures:

And my favorite:

Thanks for looking. And there will be updates!!!
    -Ryan S.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

lol at you posing on the car.

Those tire machines can get funky on people from time to time. Still sucks they ruined it for you, and then the replacement you got sucks as well.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

nice

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

washed it and took a few pics....

03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

BTW, green boots suck. You're only cool if you wear tan ones that saw tons of real desert time. And...

I want one.
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
            this is a great pic, it would be even cooler if the front wheels were straight and there wasnt a city in the background. But its still cool.
            -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
            -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

I just love the sexy-time pics
              '79 Continental Town Car
              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Whoa, nice!!!! I got a whale CV in the next town over with those same tips. Sounds nice. Too bad about your wheels though. If I have to get anewer car by law, I'll probably get a whale MGM and then plop a 5.4L in it. Love your car mang!

Packman

Comment

nice pics ryan I personally don't really like the eyelids on the headlights

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                  302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                  k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Looks pretty nice.

The eyelids... I don't have anything against eyelids, and I think they look sick on some vehicles (especially '06-'08 Rams). But, yours make the car look sleepy, and not angry. The eyelids... they need to be angrier.
                    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Where's the pictures of burnouts?

Comment

what post are you at? why you at the class six are you a little thirsty?
                        1979 lincoln versailis, ford test ordered car, factory floor shift with bucket seats.
                        1983 lincoln mark VI, all factory
                        2015 Mustang GT 50yrs SHERROD, 6 speed 302, track pack, premium package, Custom JL sound system.

Comment

That was an old pic from Bolling AFB, DC. I couldn't pass up the photo op with Jamie McMurrays Watkins Glen car.
                          The burnouts are coming, John!!!
                          After i get it re-registered.
                          On friday, when i was having the tips put on, the guy noticed that DMV registered the Marauder as a 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis.
                          damn them.
                          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
                            ..On friday, when i was having the tips put on, the guy noticed that DMV registered the Marauder as a 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis.
                            damn them.
                            That might be a blessing in disguise. Perhaps insurance might be a little less being registered as a MGM instead of a Marauder.

Packman

Comment

nah, i'd rather not go through the hassle with the police.
                              Besides, the SCT3 tune should be here tomorrow!! :-D
                              And i order the intake spacer on wednesday! Which gives me the time to sandblast and paint my upper intake plenum. And maybe the lower one??! We'll have to see!!!
                              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Working...
                              X