Newbie with some questions looking to buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie with some questions looking to buy

Hi guys.... I am a newbie to this forum, i have been a member of the crownvic forum and long time member of the Cadillac forums. I am a Cadillac guy but i love the panther platform cars too!

Well i recently bought a 87 crown vic but found out the heater core was bad and had head gasket problems so i sold it here is a pic..

But i have found two cars locally that i am really considering buying...
    ~the first is a 1987 Merc Grand Marquis, it has only 35k miles!! and is in very nice condition, interior is mint, its fully loaded... its white with red interior and red vinyl top and has turbine rims which i love. it has a couple small rust spots, and needs to have a driver's side fuel line replaced, but runs excellent. It is a 1 owner car and fully documented with tons of paperwork etc..
    here is a pic of what the car look similar too, no actual pic though. The lowest the guy will go on the car is $2300, but he is willing to take a few payments(which works great for me)

~ The second is a 1986 Country squire wagon. It has 45k miles and is mint! Has cloth interior but seems to be fully loaded with power everything. Has duals(don't know if they are stock or add ons?) but is clean in every aspect no rust anywhere! Guy was asking $5500 but is now down to $4000...
    the price is my only turn off.... seems worth it but still kinda high IMO.
    its a nice car, but i like the Merc versions better, and its tan color is just ok, but i love that it is a woody... here are some actual pics of the car

It is at a dealer, i wonder if he would take a 98 deville in on trade?

Any suggestions or thoughts???!!

~Thank you!

Welcome. If you have kids and stuff to tote around go for the wagon, if not go for the Grand Marquis. Can't let prices hold you back all the time. If you want something you should get it. I personally like the wagon just because of the potential they have to surprise people.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

to the site! Glad to see you're interested in getting another panther. A low mileage one owner car sounds very appealing. Thats also a damn good looking wagon, don't often see the woodgrain and its trim looking that nice. Price for the wagon is definitely too high though. It's high for a stock panther no matter how good the condition is. Having both a white grand marquis, and a woody wagon I'd pick the Marquis. Just depends on your taste, and if you can get the wagon for a better price. Hope you get one of them

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
      1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
      1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

That dealer is awesome, even if a bit off on pricing. A Granada, Marquis, and Colony Park on the same lot? weird.

The exhaust on the wagon is probably stock or stock-replacement. Various packages and options gave you duals. it's a factory-rated 10HP boost over single exhaust.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
        160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
        waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Yeah i thought it was crazy to se those cars at a dealer too! I was really interested in that Granada, it was mint, actually all three were mint. the Marquis wagon and the granada sold quick though. But the country squire is still there. so i am wondering if he would maybe drop a bit on it. i have a car 98 devillle i would trade in too.

The 87 Grand Marq is a private owner. He got it through the estate of the original owner. He hasnt had it too long and never registered it. It wasnt even really for sale, but i stopped one day when i saw it and asked, he said he would sell as he needed money. SO theres my dilema which one to go for? I do like both. ive always wanted a wagon(although i really love the Olds and Buick wagons) but i also have always loved the Grand Marq's.... I would like the car to be an everyday kind of driver.

Comment

Both cars are great looking! I'm leaving now to snipe that 87 out from under you

Though the wagon's good too. Tough choice! I do like the documentation though.

Pete
            Originally posted by gadget73
            For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
            1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
            1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

I see Muck motors. Yes! Then I noticed your from Buffalo. Where abouts mang?
              And welcome to the Party!!

-ryan s.
              08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
              97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
              94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
              73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
              12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
              Originally posted by pantera77
              Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Awesome finds!! I would go with the Grand Marquis.
                '79 Continental Town Car
                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
                  I see Muck motors. Yes! Then I noticed your from Buffalo. Where abouts mang?
                  And welcome to the Party!!

-ryan s.
                  Hey SVT98t i am from Medina and grew up in Lockport.
                  Glad to see someone local on a forum! and thanks for the welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by Caddydaddy13 View Post
                    Hey SVT98t i am from Medina and grew up in Lockport.
                    Glad to see someone local on a forum! and thanks for the welcome!
                    sweet another local mang!!!!, i used to live in medina looooong time ago when i was like 8 or so , at anyrate welcome to GMN and if you need some help, just give me ,ryan, or zach a holler. grab the wagon, thro a k code in it, and a HO and call it a day lol we have another member here who is in our area who has a wagon too!
                    89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Welcome! Both those cars look pretty darn nice, but price wise I'd probably go with the Merc. Either way, hope you end up with one.
                      "Beasty Cruiser" '87 Grand Marquis LS 2-Door - Too much damage took its toll. Transmission blew, now a parts car.

Comment

Welcome to the site!

Comment

Working...
                        X