Chroming Turbines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chroming Turbines?

Ok, well i didnt really know what section to put this under, but seeing as i am still new here i thought it would work here.

Has anyone ever chromed there Turbine style rims? I found a place that will chrome them for $99 a wheel but was wondering if it would be worth it and how it would look? Was hoping maybe one of you guys had some input!

Originally posted by Caddydaddy13 View Post
    Ok, well i didnt really know what section to put this under, but seeing as i am still new here i thought it would work here.

Has anyone ever chromed there Turbine style rims? I found a place that will chrome them for $99 a wheel but was wondering if it would be worth it and how it would look? Was hoping maybe one of you guys had some input!
    its worth it if its something that you like,and it would be different, as far as how they would look, welll like a set of chrome turbines. basically polish some aluminum and clear it, youll get an idea
    89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Turbines aren't the smoothest things in the world, they'd have to be worked on before they could be chromed, otherwise you'd see the machine marks and scratches you normally wouldn't. But hey, I think they'd look great chromed.
      Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
      Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

I think they would look sick. They would just need the factory peeling coating removed before you had anything done to them.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

They did this in the 70's, with the aftermarket turbines.

I was trying to talk Dereck into doing this. They look cool!
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Working...
          X