Exclusively MGM.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exclusively MGM.

Hey hey, looked like this was the most active forum for MGMs so figured I'd join on up.

I'm 22, live in Annapolis, MD. First car was a '02 MGM with the odo stuck on 364,610...$1500. Wrapped that one around a tree...like I said, first car. Well, "wrap around" is a bit harsh, I dragged the passenger side along a tree, caving in both doors, twisted the pillar....and it felt like a small bump...says something for the steel-frame behemoth.

...thus, the ghetto-cruiser was born. $50 for junkyard doors, and about $350 to a friendly mechanic who usually doesn't do body work (he worked friggin MAGIC)...and it was operational again. It looked like a PoS, but it was MY PoS car. Car finally died after I put maybe...50-60k on it...transmission went.

So, on the prowl again, started looking for "cheap" cars, almost bought a Cadillac DeVille with over 100k on it, fortunately I didn't. Ended up finding a DIAMOND at a dealership close by. '01, previously owned by a retired Marine Colonel, therefore...low miles at 24k, and kept SPOTLESS. Real lucky find, got it for 7500 total, 6.7 base price of the car.

So, plan to drive Miss Diamond around for a long, long time to come. Gonna treat her REAL nice..
    Click image for larger version

Name:	200289_1863429781456_1112323251_2238980_348105_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	1297674

Welcome!
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

sweet GM

Miss Diamond looks like she just rolled off the showroom floor!
      '79 Continental Town Car
      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Welcome! This site isn't just for the MGM but the whole Panther platform as a whole.
        2004 Ford Crown Victoria P71 (Frost-Bite)

sigpic

2007 Chevy HHR

Comment

Nice car, welcome.
          2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
          2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
          Past Panthers
          1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
          if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Originally posted by srv14624 View Post
            Welcome! This site isn't just for the MGM but the whole Panther platform as a whole.
            The title was more about the only cars I've owned, love the panther platform, any car that rides on one turns my head...not terribly sure why.

The more I browse this site, the more I want to start up a rebuild project with my brother and dad when I get back to San Diego... brother is an auto tech for a Nissan dealership, I'm sure he could use a break to work on a REAL American auto.

Comment

Welcome to the Party!

-ryan s.
              08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
              97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
              94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
              73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
              12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
              Originally posted by pantera77
              Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Working...
              X