noobi wanting advice on what to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

noobi wanting advice on what to do

Sorry if this old but I'm new to posting on forums...I just got a 1999 grand marquis GS and want to know how I can gain some power but not loose anything in gas mileage. I've already got a paint job gun metal grey with metalic flakes and a silver pinstripe. I have 20in velocity rims,and after market muffler system.Also whatever tips you give me please let me know if I would have to re-tune my computer because I really don't want to have to do that but will if I have to...

Thanks

How much do those 20's weigh? If it's a lot, you might get better mpg's with stock-size 16's. The first mod you should consider is dual-exhaust.
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I don't know... I already have dual exhaust..I don't know what else has already been done to car because it burns out with just a little push of the gas unlike alot of other people's stock one's...

Comment

some people like high-stall torque converters, lets you reach a higher rpm before you launch, in a drag race.
        Not specifically recommending one, just, it's a mod that won't affect daily driving-- unlike an aggressive cam that moves the power band out of your daily range.

Comment

axle ratio

What gears does your car have? 3:27 ratio or higher?
          '79 Continental Town Car
          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

If you have $$$$ for paint and rims, you should have plenty to spend on an engine as well. Sounds like time to consider a Cobra-motor swap. '99 32V was rated at 310hp IIRC, and the '03-up supercharged was more like 390hp. Stock.
            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Welcome to the Party!

-ryan s.
              08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
              97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
              94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
              73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
              12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
              Originally posted by pantera77
              Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Thank you guys... No I don't have a bunch of money $$$$ I got paint job by. Trading
                In a car...and I got rims for $150 from a neighbor...but I just had to go back to
                Stock rims because I bent a rim when I ranover something that fell out of a truck in front of me...

Comment

Working...
                X