Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just got a 97 Grand Marquis GS. I'm in love!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got a 97 Grand Marquis GS. I'm in love!

A couple of weeks ago, my Pontiac Sunfire, which I bought new in 2002, was rear-ended at a stop light and written off. The insurance company gave me 4 grand (lucky for me the girl who rammed me admitted full liability as I had no collision on the car), so that's what I had to play with. I needed a car fast as the rental they gave me was mine for only a week. Every car I looked at in the 3-4 thousand range was a complete piece of crap...until I came across this 97 Grand Marquis. It had just under 70000km on it, was sitting on some nice mag wheels with reasonably new performance all-seasons, came with the original rims with new rubber on them, had Cat-back dual exhaust system with flow masters installed as well as an Afe cold air intake system, 70mm BBK throttle body, Ford Racing upper intake plenum, and the notorious plastic intake manifold had been replaced with one that has an aluminum coolant crossover. Original paint, no rust anywhere on the body....the car is beautiful! The guy had just gotten a new car and I guess he needed cash. He had the certification, the vehicle information package and all the receipts for the work done. I offered him 2700 bucks and he let me have it. It runs beautifully and the custom exhaust gives it a nice throaty sound (without being ridiculously loud). In two weeks, it has become my favorite car ever.

I was doing some research and was surprised to see there was actually a dedicated Grand-Marquis site in the net! So I thought "Meh, why not?" and here I am. I hope I can get tips, if needed, from other more experienced GM owners!

Thanks for having me.

Rob

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	1297903Click image for larger version

Name:	2.JPG
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	1297904Click image for larger version

Name:	3.JPG
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	1297905Click image for larger version

Name:	4.JPG
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	1297906Click image for larger version

Name:	5.JPG
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	1297907Click image for larger version

Name:	6.JPG
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	1297908

Nice car! Lots of great info on here, welcome!
    2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
    2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
    Past Panthers
    1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
    if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Welcome to the Party mang!!!
      Great deal!!

-ryan s.
      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
      Originally posted by pantera77
      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Very nice! Squeeky clean.

Pete
        Originally posted by gadget73
        For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
        1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
        1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Welcome another Canadian guy at this site! Im going to visit Toronto next week!!!
          1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
          1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
          1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
          1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

sweet deal mang welcome to gmn and hay we have the same rims!
            89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Welcome to GMN. Are those Marauder tips?
              '79 Continental Town Car
              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Thanks everyone. Wow. this forum is pretty active! Good to know there are a lot of you out there who know their stuff...I'll make good use of the search feature if I need to fix something. Glad I found this forum!

@79lincolnlover...nope, they're Flowmaster tips.

Have a good one!

Comment

Yes! Fellow torontonian!

welcome.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                  160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                  waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

nice car mang welcome to gmn

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                    302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                    k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Working...
                    X