new guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new guy

Hi, just found this and signed up......Just bought a 2000 Grand, 180k, 1 owner, GS, analog guages, leather, n otraction control,never hit, no rust. Got from a friend in the wrecking yard. was going to the scraper, no reason except he gets $500.00 for the metal!. So,I drove her home..She will have to get a Salvage title now. (standard in dumb CA.) Light blue, dark inside.

It will need an intake soon i am told. What are the issues,coolant loss? What years interchange? Found a whole 2005 PI engine,trans and rear axle, 3.27. Worth the swap? 10k on them, Thanks! scarey.

new intakes are pretty cheap... just make sure that the coolant passage is metal instead of plastic (that's the general failure point). Your car already has all the PI goodies and other than putting a younger engine in... you shouldn't have any real issues with that one. Though if you do the swap, get the 05 computer as well. If you can get the wire harnesses, that may help too. I know that 2000-2004 were the same harness, but I'm not sure what, if anything, changed in 2005. It may all just be plug and play for you, but you will need the 05 computer to control the 05 trans since the transmissions had different sensor setups (output from the sensor on the 05 is 24 pulses per rev instead of 6 like the 2000... same sensors and all though).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Welcome! IIRC, '05 was the first year for throttle-by-wire in the Panthers.
      '79 Continental Town Car
      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
      X