the new guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the new guy

Hi guys i just bought a 84 merc yesterday has a 302 308 gears needs a tune up and some frame work Click image for larger version

Name:	0722121234.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	1299061Click image for larger version

Name:	downsized_0721121616.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	1299062

Good looking ride! Frame work? Hopefully you mean some rust repair and not bending back into shape?

And it looks like you've got a thing for Maroon haha. VT football fan by any chance?
    Dave- collector of the old, slow, and free
    86 F250 SD. RC,LWB, 300/6, NP 435, 4.10lsd Sterling- 96k miles. Sanford & Son status
    87 GMCP. Blue/blue cloth. Low option. Beat and bruised. Trans makes werewolf sounds.

Comment

looks good! welcome.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
      160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
      waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by Beech View Post
        Hi guys i just bought a 84 merc yesterday has a 302 308 gears needs a tune up and some frame work [ATTACH=CONFIG]33291[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]33292[/ATTACH]
        I'm his step father..
        The car is pretty nice i drove it home its smooth as silk..87k on the clock
        just need basic stuff for a car this old (tune up, brake line, and after i put it on the lift i saw that i will put a gas line too..)
        as for the frame, no the car is not sagging. doors all open perfect..we will re weld a piece of channel and plate it too..

This is his first car so it will be a good learner..

LOL and maybe after driving this a while the panther bug will bite him....

2001 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
        Ram AIR,NGK V-Power Plugs, K&N, 3.73 posi, sct tuner, J-Mod, 75 mm Throttle Body & Plenium, 80 mm maf, Mercury Marauder Airbox, Homemade air tube, BBK Shorty's, X-pipe, High Flow cats, 2.5 inch exhaust, dynotune by HUTTER PERFORMANCE 236RWHP / 277TQ

LIFE'S JOURNEY IS NOT TO ARRIVE AT THE GRAVE SAFELY AND IN A WELL PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER, TO SKID IN SIDEWAYS, TOTALLY WORN OUT, SHOUTING “HOLY SHIT....WHAT A RIDE!"

Comment

Welcome mang.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

put stiffer springs and an HO in it... the panther bug will have bit him.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Welcome to the party
              '79 Continental Town Car
              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

maybe we take that intake off and the throttle body injection. get a real intake and put a holley on it. set of headers..i think she will purr great

2001 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
                Ram AIR,NGK V-Power Plugs, K&N, 3.73 posi, sct tuner, J-Mod, 75 mm Throttle Body & Plenium, 80 mm maf, Mercury Marauder Airbox, Homemade air tube, BBK Shorty's, X-pipe, High Flow cats, 2.5 inch exhaust, dynotune by HUTTER PERFORMANCE 236RWHP / 277TQ

LIFE'S JOURNEY IS NOT TO ARRIVE AT THE GRAVE SAFELY AND IN A WELL PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER, TO SKID IN SIDEWAYS, TOTALLY WORN OUT, SHOUTING “HOLY SHIT....WHAT A RIDE!"

Comment

Working...
                X