Hello from NWIndiana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from NWIndiana

Hey Guys... obviously I'm new to the forum, but I'm not new to the forum type community. I've been a member of the GM Longroof forum (http://gmlongroof.4umer.com/) for over a year new and have found these forums are a great place to meet new people as well as gain insightful tips on our vehicles.

I was looking for a larger American car for my wife to drive around with our two kids. She was driving a full size Ford Econoline Conversion van and it was just too big for her. She wanted something smaller than the van and something smaller than my wagon. I was looking at LeSabres, Regals, Bonnevilles etc... then her step-sister's husband called us up and said he had a cherry Grand Marquis that he had just picked up, that we had to see.

It's a '99 LS with 72K original miles on it and it drives like a dream... VERY nice car!

So that's what brings me here. Like I said, these forums are a great place to learn great little tips and tricks when it comes to working on your own vehicle. Thanks, and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.
    Last edited by Markh; 02-14-2013, 04:12 PM.
    Mark • Valparaiso, IN

His - 1994 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon • Blue on Blue • 170K miles
    Hers - 1999 Mercury Grand Marquis • Black on Gray • 72K miles

Nice car! Best of luck with it and welcome aboard!! Bobby

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Howdy! Love panthers in black. What longroof you got?

Pete
      Originally posted by gadget73
      For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
      1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
      1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Originally posted by Piece-it pete View Post
        Howdy! Love panthers in black. What longroof you got?

Pete
        Thanks Pete... I have a 94 Buick Roadmaster with an LT1 and trailer package. She's no beauty queen but is one of the coolest cars I've ever owned.

I picked up Big Blue on Craig's for $1000 in 2011 for daily driver. She barely ran when I got her but she's running smooth as silk now. The first thing I had to figure out was why it surged so badly. I found by reading the onboard diagnostics that the temp gauge was erratic and when it spiked it would shut the engine down. Ended up being a bad water pump sensor... who knew, right?! Then winter came and I found out the heat didn't work. Luckily it was a mild winter. So in the spring I changed out the heater core. THEN... whenever it was really humid out, she'd give me trouble. I found out through the wagon forum that it was most likely a bad ignition coil. Like I said, I really like the forums because if you've got a problem... there's someone out there who's probably already figured out what it was! Just last month, I redid the steering. 90% of the bushings on the front end were bad, so I replaced the drag bar, tie rods, idler arm and steering damper. That was a real learning experience. I'd never done tie-rods before so I felt like a complete fool when I was struggling with the adjustment sleeves for two days. When the weather breaks, I'm going to replace the rusted/leaky brake line going to the bake of the car and replace the factory mufflers with something a big more aggressive. Luckily, I've got two garage monkeys to give me a hand!
        Mark • Valparaiso, IN

His - 1994 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon • Blue on Blue • 170K miles
        Hers - 1999 Mercury Grand Marquis • Black on Gray • 72K miles

Comment

Welcome to the party
          '79 Continental Town Car
          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
          X