hello from Pennsylvania

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello from Pennsylvania

Hi all, Thought i'd introduce myself. i own a 1988 Crown victoria LTD and havng an issue with it. so i googled crown victoria forums and this popped up. hope i can figure it out with the help of people more knowledgeable then i when it comes to cars..

Welcome!

1989 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series | 249k miles, current project car
    2018 BMW 430i xDrive M-Sport | 50k miles
    2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport | 97k miles

Comment

Kick your feet up,stay a while.
      1989 crown Vic daily driver 165k and counting!
      1987 MGM 49xxx mi awaiting light resto

Comment

Welcome to the Party!!

-ryan s.
        08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
        94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
        73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
        12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
        Originally posted by pantera77
        Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

where in pa are you at mang?

welcome to gmn!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Welcome...........post some picsies!
            Rodney Tolleson, me at the track.....future drag box racer!

Comment

Welcome!

Pete
              Originally posted by gadget73
              For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
              1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
              1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Welcome! Is this your 1st Panther?
                '79 Continental Town Car
                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Welcome ! I've got a few 88s myself.

Comment

first, maybe last. lol. heard these cars were unkillable with the 5.0.. apparently mine died. :P

Comment

Just remember, if it has tits or tires, you're going to spend money on it! Every automobile has a specific set of troubles that manifest themselves at certain times. I've had Nissans, Toyotas, Fords, Chevys, Mercurys, and Hondas. When you buy a car you are exposing yourself to hundreds of parts and potential failures. It's a wonder anyone is able to get all these parts to function !!! When you add the fact that you're driving a 25 year old car, it's hard for me to think you fell for the old "bullet-proof theory". Everyone on this site has had problems, some more serious than others but you can learn a lot from reading all the threads and posting.

Comment

kid i bought it from said it always ran hot but these 5.0's don't get effected by overheating.. (the fact he had washer fluid in the cooling system should have told me he was a doofus...) :P

Comment

I've owned a crap load of 351s, 302s, and 289s before that. Never had one that consistently ran hot. "Hot" is a condition that occurs when something is "effd up" !!! Always remember that. If I were in the desert and WS washer fluid was all I had, I'd use it too. I hope you didn't pay a ton for the car. If you trashed the engine, it likely had a bad problem that was being masked with something besides some "blue water". The oil might be full of "motor honey" or Lucas oil stabilizer or STP. Check it out.

Comment

paid 300 for the car. oil was thick as shit when i changed it first time. thick and black.. put regular oil in, drained the rad and filled with antifreeze and never ran hot on me till the other day and all of a sudden it steamed out and died. now compressed numbers are crap on drivers side. with the worst being the rear cyl which is 0... will barely run more then a few miles now before it just loses power and dies...

Comment

gotta expect problems when buying 25 yr old vehicles........small block fords do not like to run hot........not one bit!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
                              X