Hello from Detroit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Detroit!

Registered a month ago when I purchased my 1990 GM GS. Haven't made a formal introduction so hello everyone from the beautiful, prosperous (hah!) suburbs of Detroit, Michigan.
    1987 Grand Marquis LS (GONE!)
    1990 Grand Marquis GS

I like to go fast

Welcome mang.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Hello from Rochester Hills!
      I bought my 91 MGM GS in October 2012, and have had my (not currently on the road) 89 MGM GS since 2003.
      Nice to see another SE Michigan member, and, even better, with a box!
      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

More and more boxes coming out of the woodwork.

Welcome from one Michiganiac to another.
        1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, this winter seems like the worst time I could've picked up a box in Michigan though, the whole underside of my car is totally white from the salt! Still good to see a car so reliable in 5 degree weather
          1990 Grand Marquis GS

I like to go fast

Comment

This has been a pretty bad winter.

About the only trouble I've ever had is what I'm chalking up to frozen IAC's. The box isn't subject to the rigors of winter anymore though.
            1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

Oh yeah I love my car screaming at idle all the way to work
              1990 Grand Marquis GS

I like to go fast

Comment

Welcome! It's all that global warming stuff Al Gore warned us about. Now we're running out of salt ! We got an 1" of snow in NC last week and my city put 1/2" of salt on it. Brilliant.

Comment

Mine was the opposite. I'm guessing they froze shut. Had to give it just a bit of gas to stay running. Then all of a sudden it started behaving. Meh.

Comment

My 89 was always reliable while I was in college way up the UP, in Houghton.

My 91 hasn't liked winter so far but a bottle of heet at each fill up has straightened that out.
                    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Working...
                    X