Here to harvest aero and whale knowledge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here to harvest aero and whale knowledge

Hi folks, this forum is great. I've figured out quite a few things over the years just by reading threads other people have posted here. Figured I'd really start posting here since the cars are getting older and need more attention. Some info on me and what I've got:

Me: regular dude living in Northern Virginia, 9-5 ish white collar job, wife, kid, etc......like working on the cars and I'm quite capable, but not really that knowledgable. Most people I know in the DC area think I'm this amazing master mechanic because I can do pretty basic stuff like change oil, brakes, shocks, etc. A lot of people around here just don't want to get their hands dirty.

Cars:

1997 Grand Marquis LS (w/ "handling" pkg). This was my wife's first car we bought used from an estate sale in Arizona. Now she's got a Mom-mobile Honda Pilot and I decided to hang onto this baby for myself. Drive it to work sometimes but not a whole hell of a lot. It's at almost 118k miles. Paint and body are great, but interior is showing wear, especially from the years in the AZ sun. Ultimately I would love to slowly do things to up the power/handling as parts get replaced.

2007 Grand Marquis GS. My daily driver, its around 90k, not much been done to it other than routine maintenance thus far. Huge deep scratch down the passenger side obtained from a real jerk after I settled an argument at a pool hall a few years ago. Oh well the paint on this one is messed up elsewhere anyway, not sure why. Just want to keep this one running reasonably well for years to come.

Anyway, look forward to talking to you guys....I gaurantee I will look like an idiot with many questions but hopefully I can learn something and then help the next guy.

Welcome! Post some pics of your rides sometime.
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Welcome to the Party!!

-ryan s.
      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
      Originally posted by pantera77
      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Let's see if I can add a couple of pics I took after work....too dark outside to see all the flaws! Gotta remember to take some in the daylight.Click image for larger version

Name:	big red.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	1276079
        Click image for larger version

Name:	old blue.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	1276080

Comment

Working...
        X