marauder bumper covers and grill on CV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

marauder bumper covers and grill on CV

hi everyone im new here im from Delaware. I have a silver MM and a silver CV
    im wanting to use the MM bumper covers and grill on my CV, is there any projects like this that has been shown on this forum? any issues that will arise? any help is appreciated. thanks

What year CV. There will be some gap issues at the grill corners, but it should bolt right up.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
      What year CV. There will be some gap issues at the grill corners, but it should bolt right up.
      2005 or 06 crown vic

Comment

I think the face changed in 06, but I don't remember exactly how. I'm sure it'll still bolt up, but again, you'll have gap issues because the grill contour on the header panel is a little different (about an inch or 2 on either end) mercury to ford.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

You'll need to swap the header panel as well or it looks really bad.
          2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
          2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
          2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
          1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
            You'll need to swap the header panel as well or it looks really bad.
            is there some one who did this swap on this site?

Comment

Welcome to the party!
              '79 Continental Town Car
              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Rear bumper cover will bolt right on. Front bumper cover will technically bolt on but won't look quite right. You will end up having to jam it under the headerpanel because it doesn't fit quite right around the grille area.

Hard to see from these pics, especially with a pushbar.

Click image for larger version

Name:	10325624_10152437328587500_8965856610828258767_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	125.6 KB
ID:	1277312
                Click image for larger version

Name:	10712475_10152830431142500_6287303363519374096_o.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	155.6 KB
ID:	1277313
                Last edited by Mr Bean; 04-10-2015, 10:02 PM.

Comment

I don't understand this project.

You have a Marauder.
                  You have a Crown Vic.
                  You want to take Marauder parts off of a Marauder and put them on a Vic.
                  ...so then the Marauder has a naked front 'n' back?
                  '91 LTD Country Squire LX | '82 Cougar GS wagon |'03 Marauder | ' 18 Flex Limited EB
                  formerly: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '03 SAP P71, '04 CVLX (now in pantera77's stable), '10 P7B

Comment

Originally posted by a_d_a_m View Post
                    I don't understand this project.

You have a Marauder.
                    You have a Crown Vic.
                    You want to take Marauder parts off of a Marauder and put them on a Vic.
                    ...so then the Marauder has a naked front 'n' back?
                    the marauder has been in a roll over and is completely rusted out from the bottom. now do you understand? there is only few salvageable parts left.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
                      Rear bumper cover will bolt right on. Front bumper cover will technically bolt on but won't look quite right. You will end up having to jam it under the headerpanel because it doesn't fit quite right around the grille area.

Hard to see from these pics, especially with a pushbar.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42305[/ATTACH]
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]42306[/ATTACH]
                      im going to swap the MM header panel out and everything else so that it looks uniform.
                      is there a project on here that done this swap?

Comment

Originally posted by dragonknight View Post
                        im going to swap the MM header panel out and everything else so that it looks uniform.
                        is there a project on here that done this swap?
                        The pics above belong to a member on crownvicnation.com

Comment

Originally posted by dragonknight View Post
                          the marauder has been in a roll over and is completely rusted out from the bottom. now do you understand?
                          Yes, in that case, go forth and convert.
                          '91 LTD Country Squire LX | '82 Cougar GS wagon |'03 Marauder | ' 18 Flex Limited EB
                          formerly: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '03 SAP P71, '04 CVLX (now in pantera77's stable), '10 P7B

Comment

Then swap the header panel over too and everything will match up.

Comment

Welcome to the site
                              2008 Vortech Supercharged Crown Victoria
                              3.4" Pulley, 9 PSI. Awaiting Victor Jr, water-meth injection and 14PSI

Comment

Working...
                              X