Mod Box - 85' Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Box - 85' Grand Marquis

After years of searching for a rust free box I finally got one.

I give you the 1985 Mercury Grand Marquis. I am assuming it's a LS but not really sure as there is no badging. It has nice leather interior though so my guess it is a LS. Car originally came from North Carolina so it's pretty much rust free. Has only 60000 miles. Previous owner had the vinyl top removed but the body shop guy did a crappy job on the welds so it's all cracking and needs to be redone. Paint job is not the greatest either but for 800 bucks I am not complaining.

I will be hanging around here more often.

Looks awesome!
    For $800 you certainly did well.
    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Moar pics.

Comment

How cool is that.
        03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
        02 SL500 Silver Arrow
        08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
        12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Very nice indeed. I've always believed that the '85 Grand Marquis I had back in the day was the best car I ever owned.

Looks like yours has been rustproofed , I see a couple plugs in the doorjambs.

Comment

Nice! Lot's of potential there for sure!
            2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
            2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
            Past Panthers
            1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
            if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Congrats! I saw that car on kijiji. And after seeing the ad missing, I had a feeling you bought it. Welcome to the 2-door club! Let me know if you need anything.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Nice score Serge. Looks clean as hell underneath.

EEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWW sidepost battery! gross
                2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Neat car. I like that one meshy wheel. Any chance you will be going that route?
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                  my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

It's been raining out so I haven't had a chance to take any closer look. I see some trim pieces are missing but the trunk is full of various chrome parts so hopefully they are all there. The door sills are definitely missing though. The other 3 aluminum wheels are in the trunk. Someone stole a steelie right from the guy's driveway. The guy I bought it from said he has another bumper and a bunch of other parts that he will drop off.

I got major plans for this car. The biggest issue that I see with it is a crappy slick top conversion. Bondo around the welds will need to be removed, welds cleaned up and redone. Otherwise the paint is decent but I have no clue what color this is. No paint code or anything and it's not OEM.

Comment

Ebay right now has two door sill trims.
                      ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Here is the link http://www.ebay.com/itm/1979-1987-Fo...815cb7&vxp=mtr
                        ~David~

Comment

Thanks. They look a bit rough. Gonna try to find some NOS ones.

Comment

Nice score! I've always been a fan of BBS rims.
                            '79 Continental Town Car
                            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Found one of the sills sitting in the trunk. Still missing one. Also need to find some chrome rear window trim.

Comment

Working...
                              X