95 in Kansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

95 in Kansas

I have a 1995 grand marquis that I have had just long enough to fall in love with. My problem is that I believe the motor to be locked up as of yesterday. I know that it would be smarter to just ditch the car but I would like to fix it. I found a 4.6 out of a 03' towncar but I don't know if it will "fit", which is my first question "will it"? My fall back option is to rebuild the motor in the car. So if anyone has any good leads on kits that would help out that would be great. Thanks in advance for the help.

While the engines are essentially the same, there are a few notable differences. Your '95 is a coil-pack car where the '03 will be coil-on-plug, which is not a huge deal. You can re-use your existing coil-pack and related stuff, or convert to COP, which some people have done. The 03 will have PI, or Performance-Improved cylinder heads, which may or may not require a re-flash of your computer. Aside from that, there may be other small things different, but otherwise the engine is really no different. Do some reading through the forums and you'll likely find most of your concerns addressed in other threads. Welcome to the Panther madness that has caught the rest of us. They really are fun and rewarding vehicles to own, despite not being technically "worth" what we put into them . It's a personal satisfaction to drive these dinosaurs and they're like lay's potato chips, it's hard to have just one.

Comment

So should I try and the get the computer/wiring that matches the new (03) car/engine? Or should I mix and match the old and new. What do you think about just rebuilding the engine in the car? Right know I'm working so I will have time to hunt through the forum later thanks for the response.

Comment

Welcome!

I agree, once you have one you'll want another. I've owned one vehicle that wasn't a (box) Panther... and since I've owned it it hasn't seen much road time (about 3k miles) due to issues.
        Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
        ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
        ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Welcome! How many miles on your '95?
          '79 Continental Town Car
          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Someone here has a MGM for sale real cheap. Look in the for sale section. Might have the motor you can use.

Comment

Working...
            X