Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New guy from Mass

Hi all,
    I just acquired my first Panther platform vehicle, a '99 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series Touring Sedan. The cars nickname is the "White Whale", or "Moby Richard" just for laughs.
    Panthers have been in my family going back to my childhood, my grandfather had a '90 (ish) Grand Marquis, and my mother owned an '09 Grand Marquis, loved both cars. I had a "Volvo phase" for the past couple of years, and drove an '89 740 GL all through college. Nice car, just got tired of its quirks and missed big American iron. I looked at p71s, was almost set on buying a '05-'06 with SAP, but realized I could go back a few years and get a nice '98-'02 Town Car, for the same money. But of course the TCs wouldn't have the police package stuff I wanted. After doing some research I found out about the Touring Sedan, problem solved. It's the best of both worlds, luxury and performance. I found this 69K mile example that needed front end work and a serious cleaning. I just got done replacing ball joints, control arms, tie rods, shocks, brakes, drives pretty good now. I believe that the car belonged to a NH police chief at one time, judging by the stickers. It's still got some minor issues but a nice reliable DD. I drive TCs for a living also, I'm an airport livery driver.

Target practice?

the volvo, waiting for its new owner

-Matt from Massachusetts
    Last edited by whaleTCMatt; 04-30-2015, 11:45 AM.

Welcome. Going from one tank to another, you are.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Welcome!
      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Welcome to the party!

I've always wondered whether people who drive Panthers for work would want to drive them on their own time, or just be sick of them. Though I suppose it depends on the individual.

1995 Grand Marquis GS
        - 156k miles, three-tone until I find my paint
        1990 Toyota Camry DX - 211k miles, someone else's future barn find
        1994 Saturn SW2 wagon - wife's car

Originally posted by SVT98t
        I'll make it fit.
        I own hammers.

Comment

What's up! Nice lincoln man, enjoy the hell out of it!

Comment

Welcome neighbor to the south. Nice Lincoln. How many times do you drive in and out of Logan every day ? That place is nuts.

Comment

My Grandfather had a 98 Touring Sedan... Basically an HPP Town Car. I'd bet it has 3.55s out back. Enjoy it.
              2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
              2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
              Past Panthers
              1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
              if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
                Welcome neighbor to the south. Nice Lincoln. How many times do you drive in and out of Logan every day ? That place is nuts.
                Thanks. I usually go in 2 or 3 times a day. And yeah its pretty much organized chaos in there. It should be easier to get around/park considering how many times the state has renovated the airport over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by tjc78 View Post
                  My Grandfather had a 98 Touring Sedan... Basically an HPP Town Car. I'd bet it has 3.55s out back. Enjoy it.
                  It does, 3.55 open rear. Wish it had a traction lok but I guess I can live without that. I plan on keeping it for a long time, it's a good start
                  for a panther collection.

Comment

Nice! How is the interior?

Also love that Volvo. One of my favorites.
                    1994 Lincoln Town Car

Comment

Welcome to the party!
                      '79 Continental Town Car
                      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                      X