No announcement yet.

Hello, everyone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you live where the sun shines, anything non-cloth sucks. I hate sticking to seats.

Comment

I've never owned a Mustang either if that counts.

Course I still have a lot of time to change that.

Comment

Originally posted by GM_Guy View Post
        If you live where the sun shines, anything non-cloth sucks. I hate sticking to seats.
        This!

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by GM_Guy View Post
          Exactly. I think of riding in my grandma's '77 Grand Prix with full vinyl interior in the summer in San Antonio as a kid. I've hated anything other than cloth ever since.
          —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
          1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
          1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
          1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

I grew up in the RGV (Rio Grande Valley, TX) and my mom had a 79 LTD-S 351 tudor (miss that car) maroon on maroon vinyl interior. The only thing that could have been worse than that would be black on black. 115F days and it would be well over 130F inside that car. We would start it up and crank the AC and just let it run for 10-15 minutes before even trying to get in.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Well, for all you who haven't owned mustangs, live a little! I'm not saying the fox mustang is a be-all end-all, but I've been in love with them for a long time. My older cousin had an '84 or so gt, that was super-cool, even though I was just a wee one. My dad bought a brand-new '92lx with chrome pony wheels and a 5-speed. My older brother was just old enough to drive after a fashion and we had some fun in that. Then he bought an '89lx hatch and we tore around in that. Once I was old enough, I bought an '82 capri rs5.0, and '82 ex-highway patrol mustang coupe, then a '90gt. Had a ton of fun in each one, including the back seats, for those of ill-flexibility. Hell, for that matter, as mustangs have developed, their back seats have gotten worse, but my daughters could well have been conceived in the back of an '03 mustang gt. Pretty sure they weren't but with the amount of action that went on, bloody well should have. If you don't understand the attraction and mystique of the fox cars, you haven't experienced it, and you should. I want at least a few more of them.

Comment

GM F-body fan here. WS6 suspension + 350 TPI engine & 5 speed swap = yay. Love that car and it looks like a sports car. Mine is a 305 TBI auto but at least has the WS6 goodies, four wheel disc brakes and posi.
                1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

welcome to gmn!

i had one mustang, it was a 84 svo......what a fun car!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                  2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                  1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                  1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                  2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                  1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I've had (2) Mustangs. A '65 Coupe (on the rotisserie now), and a 2012 GT/CS. Both are (well the '65 will be, the '12 was) red. They are a classic American icon. Welcome to the board, and good luck in your search!
                    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
                      welcome to gmn!

i had one mustang, it was a 84 svo......what a fun car!
                      Thanks. I've always felt the SVOs were incredibly unique cars. The '80s Mustangs have had a big influence on recent model years. I was expecting them to call the new Ecoboost Mustang and SVO. Surprised they didn't.

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                      I've had (2) Mustangs. A '65 Coupe (on the rotisserie now), and a 2012 GT/CS. Both are (well the '65 will be, the '12 was) red. They are a classic American icon. Welcome to the board, and good luck in your search!
                      Thanks. Congrats on the coupe. I hope to have a classic in the stable someday.
                      —John

1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)

Comment

I don't fit well into Mustangs. I have been in a few before, and its just not comfortable. The SN95 is like a contortion act to get into. I have a Mark VII, its like a Mustang with nicer seats and without the Vanilla Ice vibe.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                          I don't fit well into Mustangs. I have been in a few before, and its just not comfortable. The SN95 is like a contortion act to get into. I have a Mark VII, its like a Mustang with nicer seats and without the Vanilla Ice vibe.
                          I hear ya. I always have to sort of swivel on the seat and get out with both legs simultaneously with my '95. The tiny garages over here didn't help.
                          —John

Comment

Got a chance to have a super-mini GMN meet of sorts with the Giraffe tonight.

Had a great time with you and your family, and the food was great too! Thanks again!
                            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Marquis GT View Post
                              Got a chance to have a super-mini GMN meet of sorts with the Giraffe tonight.

Had a great time with you and your family, and the food was great too! Thanks again!
                              Likewise! We can hit up a German place next time. We know a good place with some really good homemade strudel.
                              —John

Comment

alot of really cute ones come from over there

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
                                X