New

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New

I'm new to this site and forums all together so I figured I'd introduce myself. My name is Emily and I reside in Omaha, NE. I own a 02 grand marquis ls. This is my first time owning a Ford as I usually own old school Chevys and cadillacs. I'm mainly here to confide in you all with any questions or concerns I might have with this vehicle. I heard it's a keeper and I love it so much already so here I am. Any advice or tips on how to use this site would be appreciated. Take care

Welcome! Congratulations on getting a 2002, you won't have to deal with the plastic intake manifold http://www.agcoauto.com/content/news/p2_articleid/185. It also may be the last year without a "black box" which will save data during a crash (vehicle speed, throttle position, if seat belts were buckled, brake engagement) and can be used against you in a court of law.
    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Welcome to the forum.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Welcome!
        Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
        ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
        ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Welcome. I think we have some folks around the Omaha area. I'm not one of them though.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Hey thanks everyone! Appreciate you all

Comment

Welcome. Your 02 will likely prove itself to be a great ride!
              1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
              1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
              Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
              Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Welcome! A big plus for these cars is they have a proven track record in the police and taxi domains. If well maintained etc, they can last a very long time, and you've certainly come to the right place for help with that.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
                mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

I think it would be in your car's best interest to drive it to North Carolina and leave it in my care and keeping. I'll treat it real good!

Just kidding (unless you want to, that is.) Anyways, enough with this silliness - welcome to your new home!!!
                  Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
                  Bone stock... for now.

Comment

"On a long and lonesome highway, east of Omaha, you can listen to the engine moaning out it's one note song..."

Welcome to the forum! What kind of old school Cazmolacs and Chevys are you talking about?
                    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Hey thanks! I haven't necessarily owned any old school caddys but currently I've got a 96 STS with the beloved Northstar.....Beautiful car but after I dropped a couple thousand on that engine I decided to move on to the Marquis. It's running fine now but it is now for sale. Before that I owned 74 Monte Carlo with a 400 small block......That one was a beast..... an 85 Monte SS and an 87 box Caprice. Let's not forget the 92 deville. That one was short lived because it was totaled 3 days after I bought it by a drunk driver...Shame

Click image for larger version

Name:	12832498_921775137921040_616731094965072228_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	1280000Click image for larger version

Name:	12182779_855965454502009_8842057034800573397_o.jpg
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	1280001Click image for larger version

Name:	734782_381105775321315_1148252712_n.jpg
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	1280002Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-04-19 12.16.55.jpg
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	1280003
                      Last edited by ladymarquis402; 04-20-2016, 11:22 AM.

Comment

That Monte is sweet! I've had visions of getting one and making it look like the one in Ace Ventura. Northstar is the only thing keeping me away from a later Eldorado, that and those are front wheel drive. How'd you like the Box Cap-rice?

Comment

Welcome, and congratulations on becoming a panther owner. I'll warn you they're addictive. I had a '72 monte carlo, was NOT sorry to see it go, although the rust would've done it for me sooner or later, lol. You won't regret getting that Mercury, they are great cars. Shy of quirky things that are pretty much known at this point, they are very dependable and well-made cars. Collect the whole set!

Comment

Collect the whole set.. LoL

Comment

Welcome! If you have lots of pics of your Mercury, create a thread in the Reader's Rides section.
                              '79 Continental Town Car
                              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                              X