No announcement yet.

85 ltc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by LSE_Dave; 05-25-2017, 10:10 PM.

85 LTC, Dark Canyon Red?/ 3.55 open/ HPP Wheels/ 4 Tone Horns/ ***POTM 5/2017*** SOLD
    06 LTC, Silver Birtch, Fully Loaded [ The Daily ] ***POTM 4/2018
    97 Mountaineer, 5.0 H.O. , 135k, Now with functioning window

89 LTC , Lowered, Straight Piped, (SOLD) 88 LTC (SOLD) Rough and Dirty, 2000 MGM, 2002 MGM, 96 MGM, 2005 MGM LSE (SOLD)

Comment

yup. clogged right near completely up. Looks like desiccant schmoo rather than compressor guts though. Definitely need a new dryer.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

yar, that looks about like mine did.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

That's what I was thinking too. Thanks fellas. Too bad A: I don't think we have a flush machine, and B: no one in town has the dryer in stock. Just ordered one from the Bay, should be in next week.

85 LTC, Dark Canyon Red?/ 3.55 open/ HPP Wheels/ 4 Tone Horns/ ***POTM 5/2017*** SOLD

89 LTC , Lowered, Straight Piped, (SOLD) 88 LTC (SOLD) Rough and Dirty, 2000 MGM, 2002 MGM, 96 MGM, 2005 MGM LSE (SOLD)

Comment

I flushed mine using a can of the flush juice from the parts store. No idea if it worked but it was easy enough. Honestly you've probably already got most of the trash out of the system just pulling that tube.
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I did also open up the lower port on the accumulator, stuck my pinky in there only to find some oil, no debris. Hopefully it will be good to go.

Comment

The desiccant is in the large section... and should be bagged to keep it from the rest of the system. You should never open one until you are ready to bolt it on and seal up then pump down the system. Their job is to remove moisture from the system. If you open it beforehand, you risk wasting the desiccant before it's actually used. I hope you capped it back real quick.

Now if you're talking about the one on the car, that's a different story. No worries there

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

I was referring to the one on the car. I put the system under a vacuum afterwards anyway.

Comment

Replaced the dryer, orifice tube, and switch on the 85.

Did everything correctly but it would not pass the leak test. I had to pump 1/2 a pound to find the leak, but ran out of time to fix it.

Comment

leaking at the pipes, or from the manifold block to the compressor?

Comment

The block

Comment

Glad to see you're investigating and fixing the A/C system rather than just cutting it out.
                          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                            Glad to see you're investigating and fixing the A/C system rather than just cutting it out.
                            Well, it's been cheap and easy so far

Comment

Yeah, it's not that bad! Yet I see so many vehicles that has A/C but are now gutted. Makes me saaad panda...
                              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                              1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

new o-rings for the manifold block... if you're quick about it and pump the system back down, you probably won't have any issues with moisture in the system.

Comment

Working...
                                X