New owner of a GM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freshmeat
    You raced a Geo Prizm? I wouldn't say that to too many people.
    Pretty sad, I know...
    :violin:

Heh, I wasn't being serious about the racing. :P
    Last edited by Big Rectangular Car; 06-03-2006, 12:39 AM.
    Rocinante, 1985 Grand Marquis LS with all the trimmings.

Comment

to GMN!
      -Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Big Rectangular Car
        You know, I've gotten some looks while driving her yesterday, either they are looks of admiration, or incredulity that I can still afford to drive her...

I get looks of hatred in my neighborhood.

but Rocinante moves majestically. It's actually refreshing, I find myself more relaxed at the end of a drive. It's like, "Yes, you can pass me if you want... I'm a cruise ship. Go on and hurry and stress out, if you want, go on ahead!"

Preachin to the choir.

Not that this car can't move, it's just the gas tank needle goes down really fast, if I use too heavy a foot.
        I did test her out the first day from a green light, on a hill with a bottleneck, which turns into an on-ramp to the freeway, and she certainly could hold her own. There was a Geo Prizm that wanted to be in front, but gave up, when the driver realized I wasn't going to let up on the pedal. Not that I was racing, mind you, I just wanted to see what she could do. Well, okay, maybe I raced a little... >:P
        On the way back from AZ I raced everyone and the ONLY person who passed me and could stay past me was a guy on a bike.

1991 Crown Victoria LTD, Puff the Magik Dragon

Comment

Originally posted by 91 LTD
          On the way back from AZ I raced everyone and the ONLY person who passed me and could stay past me was a guy on a bike.
          On I-10, or I-8?

I'm wondering why looks of hatred in your town, when there's so many SUVs?

There's one place I figure I'd get the dirty looks, and that's probably Santa Cruz. The activists might spray paint my car and say I'm bad for the environment. (Which puzzles me, if one is so concerned about the environment, why use spray paint??)

Comment

the 10. I live in West Hollywood aka Rainbow Country aka Brokeback Mountain. I rent a crappy little studio (w privat backyard!) in a really nice part of LA so I think it is hated bc 1"Oh my god that car is absolutely hideous, can you belive what a bitch Steven was being last night? Im soo not talking to him now.", 2 it is a guzzla, and 3 parking can be scarce in the neighborhood at times and I swear my car is as long as two mini coopers.

1991 Crown Victoria LTD, Puff the Magik Dragon

Comment

Having a california member is cool. Tell me more!
              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Well, today is sunny... which is unusual, because it's usually foggy...
                Er, sorry, is that what you meant by wanting to know more?

Comment

Originally posted by 91 LTD
                  the 10. I live in West Hollywood aka Rainbow Country aka Brokeback Mountain. I rent a crappy little studio (w privat backyard!) in a really nice part of LA so I think it is hated bc 1"Oh my god that car is absolutely hideous, can you belive what a bitch Steven was being last night? Im soo not talking to him now.", 2 it is a guzzla, and 3 parking can be scarce in the neighborhood at times and I swear my car is as long as two mini coopers.
                  I think that is called.. snobbery. LOL!
                  I don't believe people have a whole lot over me as far as gas guzzlers, because of the high incidence of very large SUVs, and dually pickups. They get about the same mpg.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Rectangular Car
                    On I-10, or I-8?

I'm wondering why looks of hatred in your town, when there's so many SUVs?

The activists might spray paint my car and say I'm bad for the environment. (Which puzzles me, if one is so concerned about the environment, why use spray paint??)
                    Gas or not, it takes more energy and creates more pollution to create a new throwaway car like a Hundai and scrap an old car than driving a wonderful, vintage, RECYCLED automobile (like ours) will ever produce. (IMO)
                    And my GM wagon gets MUCH better gas mileage than the GFs 2004 Ram 1500 pickup.
                    Yes, driving a box is (relatively) GREEN!
                    Maybe a cardboard sign for the window that reads "recycled auto project test vehicle" would help...
                    Last edited by pine box; 06-04-2006, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pine box
                      Gas or not, it takes more energy and creates more pollution to create a new throwaway car like a Hundai and scrap an old car than driving a wonderful, vintage, RECYCLED automobile (like ours) will ever produce. (IMO)
                      And my GM wagon gets MUCH better gas mileage than the GFs 2004 Ram 1500 pickup.
                      Yes, driving a box is (relatively) GREEN!
                      Maybe a cardboard sign for the window that reads "recycled auto project test vehicle" would help...
                      Agreed, there.

I'd like to say more, but it would turn into a rant.

Comment

Working...
                      X