Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice car, bnut 12K.............nah!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/25628178000...Bk9SR4qU_q75Yg

Homeboy says exterior is 6 outta ten and then wants about 12k?About 5 years ago that would be a 4k car. They are definitely more expensive now.....but not 12k for that.

1978 Grand Marquis 460 2door "Blue Bomber"

1987 LTD Crown Vic Canadian Tow Package 351w aka the "MI Mountie"

1989 Colony Park ....Marge still lives!

1979 Marquis creamy goodness

Comment

Maybe it's just me but those tires might be from the 90's.
      Nice interior though. I like the car. Price is asking a lot. I wouldn't really want to sell it either, so I guess the price is okay if the seller feels the same way.
      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

The asking price is more than what the car sold for new. Nice car with low miles... overpriced for sure.

Comment

Wow. My Town Car was in nicer shape than that (no tailshaft leak) and I got it for $2,500 some eight years ago. Also, while I don't mind CFI, I see that as a negative and thus a price reducer. Especially when you consider that for 1986 and 1987, the cars were essentially the same, but with much improved powertrain induction. Overpriced for sure.
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Look at ebay, there are three other MGMs up for sale............the grey and white is nice, but the $$$$$????

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
              Wow. My Town Car was in nicer shape than that (no tailshaft leak) and I got it for $2,500 some eight years ago. Also, while I don't mind CFI, I see that as a negative and thus a price reducer. Especially when you consider that for 1986 and 1987, the cars were essentially the same, but with much improved powertrain induction. Overpriced for sure.
              Besides the price, CFI kills it for me!
              What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
              What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Originally posted by friskyfrankie View Post

Besides the price, CFI kills it for me!
                Yeah, I wonder if most buyers even care? I suspect most have no clue, going just from nostalgia.

Although if we think $12,000 is bad for that car, check these out:

A well worn and rusty 2002 F350 with over 100k on it for the low, low price of $31k:
                2002 F350 diesel for sale by owner - Livonia, MI - craigslist

​A '95 F250 with over 100k for $30k:
                1995 ford f250 xlt diesel for sale by owner - Casco, MI - craigslist

Annd my favorite, this '97 Heep with nearly 200k on it for $17.5k:
                1997 jeep cherokee for sale by owner - Howell, MI - craigslist
                ​​​
                1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

As I always say, "Any item is worth whatever someone is willing (stupid?) to pay for it"!
                  What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                  What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

A lot to us we forget we’re getting older and these cars are becoming rare. Especially because of demo derbies
                    Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post

Yeah, I wonder if most buyers even care? I suspect most have no clue, going just from nostalgia.

Although if we think $12,000 is bad for that car, check these out:

A well worn and rusty 2002 F350 with over 100k on it for the low, low price of $31k:
                      2002 F350 diesel for sale by owner - Livonia, MI - craigslist

​A '95 F250 with over 100k for $30k:
                      1995 ford f250 xlt diesel for sale by owner - Casco, MI - craigslist

Annd my favorite, this '97 Heep with nearly 200k on it for $17.5k:
                      1997 jeep cherokee for sale by owner - Howell, MI - craigslist
                      ​​​
                      Just proves lots of folks still chugging that cool-aid

Comment

Originally posted by p71towny View Post
                        A lot to us we forget we’re getting older and these cars are becoming rare. Especially because of demo derbies
                        LOL forget my Studebaker for a moment, in my buds shop nobody wants to work on my '86 Tudor...............Christ, to me that's new!

Comment

Working...
                        X