For Sale: my ‘83 Grand Marquis 2dr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For Sale: my ‘83 Grand Marquis 2dr

After much soul searching, I am selling my off and on project of 8 years…my 5 speed manual converted 1983 Mercury Grand Marquis Coupe. This car has traveled with me extensively, from Texas to Alabama.

The car runs, drives, stops, and is registered. I have driven it on up to 100 mile trips without a problem. The powerplant is a stock 302 with a 600 CFM Edelbrock carb, Weiand intake, and Duraspark II conversion (MSD coil). I recurved the distributor myself and it all runs pretty good. The coolest part: the 5 speed manual conversion! It has a Tremec TKO 600 transmission, Zoom Clutch, and an aftermarket hydraulic clutch setup which works quite well after much research and tuning. The exhaust is a set of stock 5.0 Mustang manifolds, off-road H pipe, and two Summit polished stainless mufflers dumping at the rear axle. Currently the car sits on 18” 2008 Mustang wheels with 235/50R18 tires and a bone stock suspension.

The car has some vibration at highway speeds, and the heater core is bypassed, likely blown (never have had it hooked up). A/C probably works, but also not hooked up,

The body is in pretty good shape and the paint is passible for a 1983 car. There is some bubbling and rust on the driver’s door, and rot on the bulkhead of the driver’s side where the door hinge meets the body. There was rot on the passenger side as well, but it has been cut out and rewelded. The interior is mostly gutted (no carpet or headliner) but all trim goes with the car. I also installed a chrome Hurst shifter and a 70’s intermediate factory sport steering wheel.

The extra parts:

-1994 Towncar Limo rear axle (31 spline, 3.55 limited slip)

-Parts to convert the rear axle to disc brakes (03+ panther setup)

-Mo’s speed shop brackets to do the 14” GT500 rotor/C5 vette calipers on the front, spindles, and 98-02 big brake control arms

-Various other parts, stock and otherwise

This is a car that has a LOT of potential, will get a lot of attention everywhere you go, and will he a great deal of fun when you have it completed. It is not a daily driver, nor would I recommend it to be. It IS extremely fun to drive! I am asking $5,000 obo.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Grand Marquis GT; 12-11-2023, 10:48 AM.
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Maaaaan..
    Maan.
    Timing is everything and I'm a couple degrees out... or I'd be coming to check it out.
    Good luck with it.
    All FORD All The Time

Comment

Damn…you forgot to mention the rarest part, the 140 marquis speedo. Wish you could keep it. I have a crack free dash pad that matches the interior I will give to the buyer free if this one does not have it. The catch is I will not ship for fear of damage. Oh, and it has to be a GMN member
      Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

If you'd be up for an H-D trade, I MIGHT consider it.
        All FORD All The Time

Comment

• Grand Marquis GT
          Grand Marquis GT commented
          Editing a comment
          That depends…whatcha got?

I've got an 85 FXWG I'd consider letting go.
        All FORD All The Time

Comment

I think i’ll keep it now.

been wanting to build a race car.
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

My plan for the next coupe Panther I pick up will be a barely legal street car like the IMSA cars of the 80s.
            I'd really like to do another Cleveland stroker and inject it... with cutouts to a double passenger side exit exhaust.. so with a switch it's totally open.
            Cage, lexan windows, and aluminum sheet interior.
            Unless i find a Mercury pickup.
            All FORD All The Time

Comment

Working...
            X