This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forgot about this thread.

Was a pleasure doing business with sly. Bought some gauges from him.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

For those that haven't figured out yet, I bought some gauges off of eBay and sold on most of it to marquisman. Julian is a pleasure to deal with and prompt. Also quite the funny man when he wants to be.

+1 good times.

Also, sold the last box of sound deadener to johnunit. +1 awesome mang.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

All happy on my end with my dealing with Sly. Good guy.

While I'm in here, I'll also mention that Mainemantom showed some exception character a couple months ago.

I had already sent him paypal money for some wheelcovers on the understanding they were in very good condition, and when he took a closer look and found they weren't up to his standards, he immediately attempted to contact me, and refunded my money before I even got back to him. no fuss no muss. He could have easily just sent them on and hope I didn't say anything, so HUGE kudos to him for that.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
        160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
        waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Thanks... I will post a picture later today. I am picking it up from the paint shop in about an hour. New Hankook 727 tires, New headlights and Taillights, and a paint refresh. I had purchased a new Fusion sel for my wife, but she still drives the 500 much more than the Fusion. I gave up, and brought her 500 up to date.

Comment

Bought UCAs/Spindles from 87stars_stripes, pleasure to deal with, fast shipping. My dad carried them back from the mailbox and asked "What the fuck did you order!?!?" (Of course big brake swap on hold due to needing engine)

Sold marquis_82_withneons one crappy, but sound turbine he needed & included the lug nuts. Sending out today, heh, had to cut cardboard and duct tape it together to make my own box.
            Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

BlackVic_P71 (Tom) picked up an ash tray that he was in search of. Pleasure to deal with.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Erik (slack) and his buddy Phillip came over and picked up an oil pressure extension adapter. Nice guys, no problem.
                ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

+1 for sxcpotatoes. Like my new visors.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                    +1 for sxcpotatoes. Like my new visors.
                    Only took how many months and at least two DMs of pestering to me? >_< Glad you like 'em.
                    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

purchased an alternator bracket from WagonMan......was received in excellent condition, was shipped quickly and was a pleasure to do business with...A+ all the way....

Comment

Originally posted by sxcpotatoes View Post
                        Only took how many months and at least two DMs of pestering to me? >_< Glad you like 'em.
                        well... considering the great white north was greatly white for so long... and I wasn't in DIRE need... meh.

Comment

Purchased trim clips from hemihotrod402, that were off of his new LTD. Very good communication and was quick to ship the package. Thanks again mang!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Bought some shock bushings from 87gtVIC. Great communication and the bushings got to my house a few days early!

1989 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series | 249k miles, current project car
                            2018 BMW 430i xDrive M-Sport | 50k miles
                            2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport | 97k miles

Comment

purchased a 1985 grand marquis tudor parts car from Mustangdude86, everything went smooth, no issues, pleasant experience

Comment

Patrick ( L1011tristar17) was a great buyer. Excellent communication and prompt payment.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X