Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

79 Ford Landau

Hey all......

I am a newbie here....I was loking to sell my 79 Ford Landau with a 351 Windsor for $600. The body is in excellent shape, it has a few rubs but not a spot of rust. The roof is shot to hell, it has rotted away and one of the roof pillars has some rust. The car sat for sometime, it was my grandfathers....The engine would need work, I have not turned it over in a long time......... Send me an email at garfunk@hotmail.ca

A LTD Landau, presumably? 'Cause I seem to recall that they were still producting the Torino-based LTD II for the '79 model year, and I have no idea whether that had a "Landau" option.

Seems odd that the roof would rust but not the rest of the body. Usually stuff seems to rust from the bottom up!

Where are you located?
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

this sounds like its a canadian vehicle. the landau was a short lived trim line on the LTD i belive. 79-80 me thinks

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
        A LTD Landau, presumably? 'Cause I seem to recall that they were still producting the Torino-based LTD II for the '79 model year, and I have no idea whether that had a "Landau" option.

Seems odd that the roof would rust but not the rest of the body. Usually stuff seems to rust from the bottom up!

Where are you located?
        Yep it is in Canada, and trust me the body is clean, but the roof material rotted and one of the roof pillars has some rust. I live near Brockville Ontario.....

Comment

Oh, you mean it has a vinyl roof and that is rotted? Your initial description gave the impression that the metal roof of the car was Swiss cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
            Your initial description gave the impression that the metal roof of the car was Swiss cheese.
            This

And welcome! Pics would be awesome!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
              This

And welcome! Pics would be awesome!!!!
              I would love to, but I can not seem to add them to my post

Comment

click go advanced and then click the paperclip to manage attachments.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I believe you're the guy I emailed about joining here a week or so ago. You can feel free to link to your Kijjiji ad in lieu of having pics directly on here.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                  160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                  waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Ford Landau is a pretty good car with a wide design suitable for a family trip. I guess you can find one at eBay. My wife currently drives one and we did some replacement of and wheels just recently.
                    Last edited by 85crownHPP; 11-19-2011, 08:36 PM.

Comment

According to this n00b with 1 post, you should always drive to a professional garage for lugnut replacement.

Comment

Working...
                      X