Looking to downsize!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking to downsize!

Yep, that's right, I'm looking at trying to get rid of a couple of my Fords.

One is the white '87 Colony Park with the wide turbine wheels that was PoTM a few years ago. It's basically a shell at present, has some rust issues, great project, but it's been sitting for two years now with no engine and it's starting to get a bit silly. I mentioned a while back that I'd gotten an offer of a couple hundred from a local demo racer, so the concept would be to let it go FREE to someone who would make use of it. Only stipulation would be that you also take my little stash of wagon-specific parts, and then we could wheel and deal a little on other things like the turbines, spares of various sorts, etc. I'm looking to turn my garage from a junkyard back into a residential garage, so I'm prepared to be pretty generous!

The other is the much-beloved black '87 P72. It's actually my personal DD/errand car at present, with a solid engine and tranny, upgraded fuel system, and other junk a lot of people know about like an electric fan, 3G, and mini-starter conversion. ~200k on the clock (I'm pretty sure), nearly all front-end parts are recent (incl. civvie UCA/ES bushing conversion). Got some rust issues because of where it's been driven the past several years (IN and MI), and would need attention if you live somewhere that's into inspections. No clue what it's really worth, and I'll listen to lowballers, but if you waved $2000 in my face I'd probably grab it pretty quick. Can also include a selection of extras.

Anyway, just a feeler to see who's interested in these. PM me with specific questions. Seems odd to be talking of getting rid of stuff with life still left in it, but I've asked myself a few times which of my cars I like best, and I've got scarcely enough cash flow to do one car justice in the way of fixings-up, and the ol' heaps aren't getting any newer, and I don't have a big barn where I can just squirrel vehicles away and not care!
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

:bump:

In the process of posting the wagon up on SBFtech.com also. Maybe someone there has more use for a station wagon drag car or something! Like I said, basically as long as it's not going to a demo derby, come get it and it's yours!

Looks right now like I'll be seeing what I can get for the Vic as a trade-in on a new Mazda. Not my favorite thing to do, but it kind of seems Midwest-ish Panther fans really don't need yet another rusty car, and East Coast Panther fans have access to rust-free cars!

Pic of the wagon from when I was still driving it:

2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

The new Mazda 3 has that front fascia...
      '79 Continental Town Car
      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Make the best deal you can for the new car no trade, then introduce the trade. If you don't do it this way they will most likely jack the numbers all around to make you feel better about the deal. Sure hate to see the thing get traded. It will most likely go to auction and get sold off cheap or worse, skip the auction and the salvage yard gets it. Better to find out what they're truly offering you as a trade then try to sell it for the same money.

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
          The new Mazda 3 has that front fascia...
          yeah, i know. it makes me want to drive head on into one. would be like, punching that kid in the mouth. you know the kid, the one who never stops smiling.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
            yeah, i know. it makes me want to drive head on into one. would be like, punching that kid in the mouth. you know the kid, the one who never stops smiling.
            Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
            New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

PM sent
              Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Originally posted by torquelover View Post
                Make the best deal you can for the new car no trade, then introduce the trade. If you don't do it this way they will most likely jack the numbers all around to make you feel better about the deal. Sure hate to see the thing get traded. It will most likely go to auction and get sold off cheap or worse, skip the auction and the salvage yard gets it. Better to find out what they're truly offering you as a trade then try to sell it for the same money.
                First of all, I'll agree to this.

And secondly, I hate to be That Guy™, but I can't see a dealership giving much of, well anything, for a 20+ year old LTD with 200K on the clock.

Comment

Working...
                X