1987 Town Car Cartier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1987 Town Car Cartier

I've done some hand wringing and decided that I might sell my 1987 Town Car. I've done a lot to the car since I got it last fall, but I am at the point where I have almost no time (or funds) to finish it to absolute perfection. I haven't driven it in over a month so it just sits in the garage. I thought I would advertise it here and see if anyone is interested before I put it on Ebay and Craigslist.

I bought the car from a wealthy family in Denver, CO. The car has absolutely no rust whatsoever and has 52k actual miles on it. I had part of the rear exhaust replaced and made the shop do work to exacting standards so it looked like factory. A/C has been properly converted to 134a and works perfectly. Every single accessory works besides the air adjustable shocks. I have traced it down to the level sensor, of which I have a replacement and simply have not swapped it over yet. It has the Cartier trim so the car is two-tone silver/charcoal with the red stripe that looks nearly new. There are some stone chips and a few door dents that could be removed with paintless dent repair (have not broken paint). Mechanically, car is in great shape. Starts right up every time. I replaced belts, hoses, normal tune up items and even replaced hose clamps with factory correct pieces. Interior is nearly perfect. Dash has no cracks and door panels are perfect (try finding one of those!). Has original Cartier floor mats, full leather interior and digital dash. Only things car did not come with are the factory CD player and moonroof.

I paid $5,200 for this car last fall and paid another $700 to have it shipped here plus put in another $1,000 for various NOS items. I may have paid too much, but it's a really nice car. Was thinking $6,000 sounded like a fair price. If you have interest and want more details, feel free to contact me.

Other than the hitching issue while coasting that I haven't figured out, car runs and shifts great.

Here's a link to photos: http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/li...?sort=3&page=1
    Last edited by sly; 09-02-2014, 11:41 PM.
    Nick

Past: 1967 Continental convertible, 1987 TC Cartier, 1996 TC DAE & Signature, 2002 LS V8, 2006 Zephyr, 2010 MKZ AWD, and many more.....
    Current: 2010 F-150 Platinum Supercrew 4x4
    Wanted: 1967 or 1969 Contnential sedan
    Only in my dreams: A Continental Mark II

Must have taken a lot of deliberation to come to the decision to sell. I sympathize as I've been in the same boat before. Your '87 would look great beside Mike's '85, but alas, I am hurting for cash right now and have a lot of other priorities tugging at my wallet....

P.S. I was just passing through your area on the 18th, on our way from Michigan International Speedway to Nashville via I69.
    Last edited by RyPow; 08-25-2014, 09:28 AM.
    RyPow
    1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX sedan - The "Sand Box" - 73K, towing package
    1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX Tutone Tudor - '96 Explorer 5.0 + 5spd swap in the works
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Cartier - previously owned by "navguy12" from thelincolnforum.net
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited, 102k, daily driver
    2006 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, 115k, winter beats
    1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car, 42k
    2012 F-150 5.0L 4x4, HD payload pkg (towing/hauling)
    2015 Toyota RAV4 XLE AWD (better half's)

Comment

Originally posted by RyPow View Post
      Must have taken a lot of deliberation to come to the decision to sell. I sympathize as I've been in the same boat before. Your '87 would look great beside Mike's '85, but alas, I am hurting for cash right now and have a lot of other priorities tugging at my wallet....

P.S. I was just passing through your area on the 18th, on our way from Michigan International Speedway to Nashville via I69.
      Ah, you should have stopped by!

Yes, I would really like to make this car 100% perfect, but I just don't have the time or money. I doubt anyone is willing to pay what it is worth, so more than likely, the car will just sit until I do have the time and money to mess with it. I hate leaving any of my cars sit, but that's reality right now, I suppose. This car would be show ready with another $1k put into it. Most everything that needs done is cosmetic. Perhaps this winter I will have some extra cash to throw at it and cross things off the list. None of it is even major stuff, just me being absolutely fanatical and OCD about it (steering wheel leather has some scratches, needs some paintless dent removal, various trim has minor scratches/dings, rear bumper filler needs to be repainted, etc).
      Last edited by LithiumCobalt; 09-02-2014, 09:25 AM.
      Nick

Past: 1967 Continental convertible, 1987 TC Cartier, 1996 TC DAE & Signature, 2002 LS V8, 2006 Zephyr, 2010 MKZ AWD, and many more.....

Comment

The air suspension is now working properly. I changed out the level sensor and all is well!
        Nick

Comment

If you have any chance of keeping it, I would!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Nice car. I'd certainly buy it if I had the money!
            But alas, I do not have the money.
            Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
            Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I should mention that I am open to offers, as well. I don't have it advertised anywhere else other than LOL as of now. Drove it to work again today as the battery in my MKZ was crap.
              Last edited by LithiumCobalt; 09-02-2014, 01:39 PM.
              Nick

Comment

Might help if you post as many photos as you can so everyone can have a look.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

The link in the first post has all of the photos that I have right now. I was going to take more after i have the car polished after I repainted the bumper filler and sucked out the dents, but just haven't gotten all of it done. Just too many other things going on.
                  Nick

Comment

there... made that link clickable.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                      there... made that link clickable.
                      Thank ya, sir.
                      Nick

Comment

Originally posted by LithiumCobalt View Post
                        I should mention that I am open to offers, as well. I don't have it advertised anywhere else other than LOL as of now. Drove it to work again today as the battery in my MKZ was crap.
                        It's a sign

Pete
                        For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                        1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                        1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Originally posted by Piece-it pete View Post
                          It's a sign

Pete
                          It's a For Sale sign

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                          Originally posted by dmccaig
                          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by Piece-it pete View Post
                            It's a sign

Pete
                            LOL! How did you know that I have thought that on several occasions? Sure would be nice to have no car note, but I'd feel REALLY guilty about driving this car when the weather is shitty, and trust me, we get A LOT of that in northern Indiana! The car is just way too nice to drive it year round.
                            Nick

Comment

Having all of the door dings sucked out of the car next Friday. She's on her way to looking shweet!
                              Nick

Comment

Working...
                              X