Parting out base 1986 LTD CV, no A/C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parting out base 1986 LTD CV, no A/C

The '86 I grabbed stripless bumpers from a while ago is now available in its entirety. Black on blue, body was blue originally. It is a real stripper CV with manual windows/locks/seats, no AC (has blockoff plugs in HVAC plenum where the evaporator would be). Not sure if it is an 'S', it's a slicktop but could have been converted. Frame is toast, lots of bondo in the body. Multi-port 5.0L with low miles, around 75k if the odometer is original/honest. Let me know what you need.
    RyPow
    1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX sedan - The "Sand Box" - 73K, towing package
    1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX Tutone Tudor - '96 Explorer 5.0 + 5spd swap in the works
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Cartier - previously owned by "navguy12" from thelincolnforum.net
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited, 102k, daily driver
    2006 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, 115k, winter beats
    1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car, 42k
    2012 F-150 5.0L 4x4, HD payload pkg (towing/hauling)
    2015 Toyota RAV4 XLE AWD (better half's)

Take some pics of the non-AC if you would. such an animal is extremely rare. Documentation to prove it exists and show what it looked like might be interesting for posterity.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

One rarity to pull would be the heater tube along the lower intake. It becomes a nice upgrade for the 87 and up crowd looking for a clean engine bay.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
        Take some pics of the non-AC if you would. such an animal is extremely rare. Documentation to prove it exists and show what it looked like might be interesting for posterity.
        Someone posted a non-AC car not long ago with a picture of the from-the-factory non-AC.
        http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-on-Craigslist
        ^I think that was the thread, so the pic must have been in the CL ad, I should have stole the picture from the ad.
        If that's not the thread I was thinking of there may actually be a picture floating around here somewhere of a from-the-factory non-AC car. Rare option indeed.
        Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
        ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
        ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

I assume the front fenders and drivers doors have rot?

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
          160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
          waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

the crown trim on the roof, condition?

Comment

I really need some blue front seats off a base model Crown Vic. Are they in good condition?

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                One rarity to pull would be the heater tube along the lower intake. It becomes a nice upgrade for the 87 and up crowd looking for a clean engine bay.
                May be interested in that myself - for the '87!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

i call emblem if its there. if you have it as an extra not for sale id be willing to toss a few more dollars your way. also how about window cranks if theyre not cracked, and speaker grills.
                  Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
                  Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
                  Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

I will be sure to document the factory non-A/C.

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
                    I assume the front fenders and drivers doors have rot?
                    They didn't look bad, but the PO said there is lots of bondo in the body.

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                    the crown trim on the roof, condition?
                    Not there. It's either a factory slicktop or was converted.

Originally posted by neums View Post
                    I really need some blue front seats off a base model Crown Vic. Are they in good condition?
                    Front and rear seats are excellent, from what I remember.

Originally posted by marquis_82_withneons View Post
                    i call emblem if its there. if you have it as an extra not for sale id be willing to toss a few more dollars your way. also how about window cranks if theyre not cracked, and speaker grills.
                    Which emblem are you referring to? I believe all of the window cranks were intact. There are no speakers in the front doors. I can't remember if the dash pad was crack-free.

I will be going to get the car sometime next week or on the weekend of the 20th/21st.
                    Last edited by RyPow; 09-12-2014, 02:25 PM.
                    RyPow
                    1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX sedan - The "Sand Box" - 73K, towing package
                    1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX Tutone Tudor - '96 Explorer 5.0 + 5spd swap in the works
                    1985 Lincoln Town Car Cartier - previously owned by "navguy12" from thelincolnforum.net
                    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited, 102k, daily driver
                    2006 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, 115k, winter beats
                    1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car, 42k
                    2012 F-150 5.0L 4x4, HD payload pkg (towing/hauling)
                    2015 Toyota RAV4 XLE AWD (better half's)

Comment

PM sent about the seats.

Comment

I need a blue passenger seat belt guide, the one that holds the female end in place on the seat.

Comment

you have parts in your car specifically designed to hold females in place? I thought thats what duct tape was for.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                            you have parts in your car specifically designed to hold females in place? I thought thats what duct tape was for.
                            Yes, they were included in preferred package 1AL

Comment

Interested in the fenders if they don't have rust-through.

Comment

Working...
                              X