87 Grand Marquis LS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

87 Grand Marquis LS

Getting yelled at for having 3 cars now so i need to let one go. I have had the car since 2008 and have done alot to the car since i bought it. It has 128300 miles on it now i believe. Starts up after a 2 or 3 seconds of cranking. Battery is strong and less then 2 years old. I have new pads to go on it, 4 good headlight buckets, 2 upper H.O. intakes and throttle body with egr plate, factory grille, 3 steel wheels with the spare in the trunk making a full set, recently changed the alternator out for a newer reman less than 300 miles ago, will come with the cd player i bought a few months ago. Egr valve, position sensor and ignition switch were replaced at the same time along with the spark plugs, cap and rotor, and wires which are now Ford Racing and both have about 400 miles on them since changed. Tires have close to 600 miles on them if that. Car has surface rust and i never got a chance to get it taken care of but there is no rust through the body just 1 spot on the rear bumper that has a hole through. Exhaust was changed in october now duals with bbk shorty headers, mustang cats, mustang mid pipes, flowtech warlock bypass racing mufflers, and impalla ss tails. Car runs great never had an issue with it. The pcv valve was changed in october when the exhaust was done as i also had the valve cover gaskets and intake manifold gaskets changed. Oil pan was replaced back in november of 2011. Radiator, upper and lower hoses, bypass hoses, water pump and thermostat were changed in may of 2009.

Theres probably some info im forgetting. I did alot to the car over the years.

Needs a little work, timing set could use replacing never got a chance to do it, rear is a 3.27 locker and could also stand to be rebuilt sometime,driver rear window doesnt go down, driver door leaks water in when raining so the seat gets soaked, wire to oil level sensor unplugged and wont reach far enough to plug back in, ***HEAT DOES NOT WORK*** a new heater core will come with it, i would get around 175 to a tank roughly 11.11 miles to a gallon for some reason, various vacuum leaks around the motor i couldnt find, power steering leaks a little on the pressure line fitting into the gearbox *changed the hose twice and still leaked*, power steering bracket where the alternator is bolted to is broken and needs replacing.

With what i have into the car id like to get close to $2500. PM me with any questions.

More info on ride page.
    http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-LS&highlight=
    2018 F150 XLT 43k
    1970 Buick GS 455 Stage 1 44k
    1968 Buick Riviera

Forgot to mention all the brake lines were replaced within the last year
    2018 F150 XLT 43k
    1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

Who yelled at you?
      '79 Continental Town Car
      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

My mom because i have 2 cars in the garage and 1 im driving. Says i have no reason to have 3 cars.
        2018 F150 XLT 43k
        1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

Bummer. Same happened to me back when I was living at home. I had my '84 Chevy, '82 Deville, and my '91 Grand Marquis. My mom yelled at me so I ended up selling off my Caddy wayyyy too cheap.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

I have 3 but mom leaves me alone about it. Its my money and my problem. They do all run and are tagged tho.

posting from mah phone. plz to be forgiving bad speeling.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
              I have 3 but Mom leaves me alone about it. They do all run and are tagged though.
              '79 Continental Town Car
              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Bump
                2018 F150 XLT 43k
                1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                  I have 3 but mom leaves me alone about it. Its my money and my problem. They do all run and are tagged tho.

posting from mah phone. plz to be forgiving bad speeling.
                  So were mine. My mom was trying to sell the house at the time so having extra cars around wasn't helping. haha.

Sorry for the thread jack.

Good luck on the sale.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Someone make an offer and take it home.
                    2018 F150 XLT 43k
                    1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

My Mom (now thankfully dead) yelled at me allot regarding cars. One was a 62 Ford Galaxie. When she saw that, she gave me 45 minutes to get out of her sight. I had to call a wrecking yard to get it. Next was a 62 Mercury Monterey. I had owned it for a couple of years. When I was going into the Navy, she set a date. If it was not sold by then, she was giving it to the junkyard. I ended up selling it to a doper, who drove it into the ground then abandoned it on the side of the road.

Comment

$1500 needs to go. Need to make a down payment on a new car
                        2018 F150 XLT 43k
                        1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

Extra parts come with it. 2 h.o. Upper intakes, new set of front pads, 2 pioneer 6x9's, factory grille, set of steel rims, and more.
                          2018 F150 XLT 43k
                          1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

Make an offer
                            2018 F150 XLT 43k
                            1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

Definatly has to go now ASAP
                              2018 F150 XLT 43k