2003 Buick LeSabre for sale $475

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2003 Buick LeSabre for sale $475

I know, I'm trying to sell a Buick on a Ford website of all places! It's actually my fathers car, and I've been assigned the task of helping sell it. The car needs a transmission. It's only engaging in reverse and in 1. It's got 176k miles on it and he's had it for a little over 3 years. It's had plenty of work done to it and the motor is strong. If anyone is interested I'll gladly post pictures and more details.

EDIT : I figure I'd rather give GMN a crack at the car before I throw it on craigslist for 800 and try to get 600.

sigpic

Pics would help, and a brief maint. history would help too. Since it's the 3800, have the LIM gaskets ever been replaced with the updated aluminum ones? UIM been replaced w/ the updated design, Dexcool been changed and/or flushed and green installed? Options on the car? How rusty are the rear strut mounts and rockers? May not sell here, but I could post this over on my grand prix forum (which deals w/ most all H/C/W body cars) and see if someone bites.
    These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.

Comment

Originally a CT car purchased in 2011 w/ 140k miles on it from the original owners. It's a Custom. The rear bumper has lots of scratches, and the car has dings. Was in a CT hailstorm, so it has hail damage, although it's hard to see in the photos due to the dark color of the car. It's actually not extremely noticeable in person either, just in certain lighting, and at certain angles, but they're definitely there. A patch of rust is beginning to form behind the passenger side rear wheel well. It has optional Alloy Rims, Leather Seats, and Side Air Bags. It's Dark blue with a gray interior. Intake manifolds are original to our knowledge. Here's a list of what's been done to it, I don't remember exact mileage, dates, and cost so excuse my rough estimates. Everything works except for the tranny of course. The receipts for all the work are somewhere. Under carriage is fairly clean

Replaced brake line in 2011 for $300
      Tune up at around 156k miles $300 (pretty sure the spark plugs had broken off, I heard the mechanic had a hard time)
      A/C Compressor and other various a/c components $1300 about 2 summers
      EGR tube insert repair and coolant flush w/ green antifreeze about a year ago to fix coolant leak $175
      Used front sub frame from a rust free donor $900 (was not replaced due to rust. My brother hit a manhole cover hole and bent it...) about 2.5 yrs ago
      Replaced gas shocks with conventional coils in the rear last year, I don't remember how much it cost.
      Various other odds and ends

Pics to be posted soon, Clean NYS title

sigpic

Comment

http://longisland.craigslist.org/cto/4906252921.html Here's the CL link with pictures and some more info.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the details. Sounds like the forward band broke in the trans. Common failure with the 4T65E trans. Not the end of the world there.

The EGR tube replacement/coolant change is typical. The EGR tube is known to crack the UIM and cause the cylinders to fill up with coolant due to heat (hydrolock). What sucks is that I don't see where they replaced the LIM gaskets. And the fuel sending unit is another common issue (my 00 Grand Prix GT has a bad one as well currently). Usually get about 400mi. to a full tank with mostly highway driving.

Before I post this over on my GP and GM sites, what info do you want me to include? Just the craigslist ad or the other stuff that is here as well? I don't want to fvck anything up for you and would like to see it get a good home and you a good price for the work that has been done over the years.
          These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.

Comment

Working...
          X