1986 Grand Marquis 40k original miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1986 Grand Marquis 40k original miles

This car doesn't really need a lot. I disposed of the trunk lid and rear bumper. Those are the only two items that were rusted on the entire car. I was in the process of removing the old cracked vinyl roof. Half of the adhesive residue from that still remains. I removed the trim on the body, ground down the posts, and painted the newly flush spots from that. The interior (blue cloth) is like-new, with the exception that the front seat has some cigarette burn holes that I filled with some blue silicone. The dash is a $200 NOS item that looks fabulous. The 302 V8 starts strong immediately but will stall soon. But starts right up again. I believe that the EGR valve needs cleaning or replacing. The tires are new, there is a set of NOS wheel covers, and an NOS hood ornament.

The car is white and is a bit unusual in that it came from the factory with no cruise control, an am/fm radio with no cassette, and an analog clock rather than digital.

The mileage of a little over 40,000 is original, as the car was owned by the previous (brief) owner's grandmother.

The car would make an excellent project to finish and would not take a lot of time. I just don't have the extra time because of being busy with other things.

I am asking $900 but am very willing to negotiate....I would really like to see the car go to a good home.

I'm hoping to get some photos up here in a few days....will see what I can do.

I'm not on the internet every single day, but will try to check any PMs every few days.

The car is located near Cincinnati, Ohio.
    David
    1989 LTD Crown Victoria LX
    14 previous Panthers, gone but not forgotten....

Here are a bunch of photos, as my digital camera decided to cooperate. Will do several posts for all the photos.

There was no rust at all under the old vinyl roof.
    Attached Files
    David

Comment

More pics.
      Attached Files
      David

Comment

Third group of pics.
        Attached Files
        David

Comment

Fourth group of pics.
          Attached Files
          David

Comment

Any interest at $600 ? I'm seeing quite a number of cheap donor cars around that could provide the bumper, deck lid, etc. I would really hate to part out this car. I'm moving to Canada in a year and just can't take it with me. Make an offer....
            David

Comment

Offered for $500 for the next week....if no action by then, it will be parted and scrapped.
              David

Comment

Working...
              X