88 Lincoln Mark VII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

88 Lincoln Mark VII

Hello all. I am trying to find a 88 Lincoln Mark VII a new home. This vehicle was given as payment for mechanical work on a truck. Now it needs to leave the yard and could use the cash instead. I can not say anything about how it drives or rides seeing as it is not tagged. It does start right up and moves around under its own power. The ignition switch is touchy so a new one has been purchased. Not yet installed. Everything works! A/C blows cold! Even the headliner is still in good condition. Has 123,815 miles. Now the bad. The driver seat does have a tear in it. The drivers door has 2 spots of rust as well as the bottom of the trunk lid. All rust pictured. The vehicle is sitting in Glenville, Pa. and has a clean MD. title. Asking for $3,000
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20150908_171205_resized.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	1303127

Name:	20150908_171234_resized.jpg
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	1303128

Name:	20150908_171259_resized.jpg
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	1303129

Name:	20150908_171309_resized (1).jpg
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	1303130

Name:	20150908_171314_resized.jpg
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	1303131

Name:	20150908_171328_resized.jpg
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	1303132

Name:	20150908_171353_resized.jpg
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	1303133

Name:	20150908_171400_resized.jpg
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	1303134

Name:	20150908_171500_resized.jpg
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	1303135

Name:	20150908_171709_resized.jpg
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	1303136

Hello again. I cant help but wonder why no one is biting? Just hoping to get some feed back. Is it the price? Location? Is this thing actually not a good car? I'm just trying to figure it out. Thanks for your time.

Comment

I suspect its a model thing. Not as many of us here are into Mark VII's and most of us that are already have one or aren't near you.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I understand. Thank you for the input!

Comment

If I were to get a late 80s, early 90s mustang, it would be a Mark VII

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRyan89 View Post
            Hello again. I cant help but wonder why no one is biting? Just hoping to get some feed back. Is it the price? Location? Is this thing actually not a good car? I'm just trying to figure it out. Thanks for your time.
            They are nice cars when everything works. Which yours has that going on. People are still terrified of them, mostly cause the people who will work on them tell the people who will own them all kinds of horror stories. Mostly regarding the air suspension - this is to some the devil incarnate, while in reality it's simple and reliable and works great. Not expensive to fix either, I'd rather be replacing Mk7 air springs and lines all day than deal with a single pair of coilover struts...

But yeah, many modern "techs" are just lazy fawks who don't wanna deal with anything that doesn't plug into a OBDII miracle box, and many vehicle owners are generally ignorant fawks and cannot be bothered to educate themselves about an older car that is any more complicated than a POS econobox. Put these two together and you end up with people's general fear of Mk7s.

If that's all the rust she's got she's doing great! Rust repairs are evil, non-rusty car should sell good. Having said that, what works against you is the fact that you cannot test-drive it properly. Especially when a decent running and driving car that needs nothing but fuel can often be had for 2k or less, sometimes even with less miles and lower age.

Take a look around on Craigslist, see what people want for Mk7s in your area. Compare theirs to what you have. And keep in mind this is a Mk7 and they take a while to move cause of the "issues" I mentioned earlier.
            The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
            The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

I want a Mark VII but the only way I'd get one is to dump one of my current vehicles. So that would be the Town Car. But that's been updated mechanically & otherwise and so if it goes, it must be replaced with something equally as reliable. Air ride isn't all that bad but since people fear what they don't understand they get a bad rap and everyone that has problems rips out the bags and goes coil, might as well drive a loaded 5.0 T-bird/Cougar at that point. Being completely honest, that rust looks pretty nasty. Sure those areas can be fixed but as a car guy I'm more concerned with what I can't see, so the frame, floor pans, control arms blah blah. 3k would be a bit stiff for me.
              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
              1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Working...
              X