Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carefully cut it off longways.

Comment

I was bothered all week by not making the effort to get the aluminum bumper support from that 79 so I went back and grabbed it today....

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7261.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.57 MB ID:	1392160

Me after grabbing all the goodies...

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7259.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.71 MB ID:	1392161

The 79 only panel was not worth grabbing. Much checking in the chrome and cracking in some corners.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7260.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.33 MB ID:	1392162

Sad sight. Crushed two door grand marquis in blue there

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7253.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.19 MB ID:	1392163

The cracked portion of the header panel. Definitely repairable but not worth it for me to take. I would like to have a S type front end available if I ever decide to change things up...but this was not the one.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7264.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.98 MB ID:	1392164

I nabbed the taillights and housings just to have. The taillights are not perfect but its nice to have spares off all.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7257.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.79 MB ID:	1392165

The reason I went back....the aluminum inner bumper support. Very happy I went back and grabbed it. A lot of hardware hold this sucker on. Will work perfectly with the nos front bumper I have!

All in all I grabbed the front seat belt receiver (black in color and the plastics are in good shape), the taillights and housings, the front bumper filler panel that bolted to the bumper and fills the gap between bumper and header panel, the bumper shocks and of course the aluminum bumper support.
        Last edited by 87gtVIC; 10-08-2023, 04:34 PM.
        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Very nice haul
          03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
          02 SL500 Silver Arrow
          08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
          12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Glad it was still there and you were able to grab it.
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Nice haul indeed. Surprised those taillights are so nice. Not a fan of the S-nose. Cool to see out in the wild, but I wouldn't change over to one. The headlights are too.. Ahh-ooh-gah-ee! for me.
              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
              1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

That aluminum support must be super rare, nice haul...ah that crack is nothing! I might try to make the 2.5 hour drive out there to get it..
                -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by kishy View Post
                  Pressed on, for sure. They take an incredible amount of force to remove. Destructive removal prevents you breaking other things you may care about, such as the entire shift tube assembly and column.

Search the part number because it used to be at any given time there'd be 10 of these listed NOS. Maybe this trend has changed, of course.
                  Thanks. Makes sense from what I remember. Explains why I never got one even though it's been on my junkyard list for years. Not an easy removal, always short on time at the yard, and always too low on the priority list to do it the right way and remove the entire thing.

The chrome is sure thick on these (at least compared to a modern car). The tiny peeled bit on mine has sliced me open a few times.

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
                  1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
                  1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

Originally posted by FatNasty View Post

Thanks. Makes sense from what I remember. Explains why I never got one even though it's been on my junkyard list for years. Not an easy removal, always short on time at the yard, and always too low on the priority list to do it the right way and remove the entire thing.

The chrome is sure thick on these (at least compared to a modern car). The tiny peeled bit on mine has sliced me open a few times.
                    I'd put a little silicon glue over it and call it a day!
                    What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                    What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

honestly if you find a decent one at the yard, it'll take you way less time to take the entire shift lever than to try and get the knob off. way less chance of damaging it too. Pop the shroud off, drive out the pin that holds it, done. fixed mine that way years ago.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Ford D9AZ-3047-B Front Upper Suspension Control Arm Bushing Shaft Kit Genuine

What exactly am I looking at here? Is this the metal upper arm bushing stuff that I have heard about? I do not understand what is in this ad.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175946090260

Click image for larger version  Name:	s-l1600.jpg Views:	0 Size:	102.7 KB ID:	1392299

Click image for larger version  Name:	s-l1600.jpg Views:	0 Size:	138.9 KB ID:	1392300
                        Attached Files
                        ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                          Ford D9AZ-3047-B Front Upper Suspension Control Arm Bushing Shaft Kit Genuine

What exactly am I looking at here? Is this the metal upper arm bushing stuff that I have heard about? I do not understand what is in this ad.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175946090260

Click image for larger version Name:	s-l1600.jpg Views:	0 Size:	102.7 KB ID:	1392299

Click image for larger version Name:	s-l1600.jpg Views:	0 Size:	138.9 KB ID:	1392300
                          Wow...yes that's exactly what that is. I don't think it's a bad price either considering the rarity
                          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

https://www.ebay.com/itm/12613517944...Bk9SR_rRgOXlYg

here's another!
                            -Phil

sigpic

Comment

interesting, never realized those had two different nuts.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

NOS 1979-1991 FORD COUNTRY SQUIRE LINCOLN INTERIOR DOME LAMP

If you just gotta have it.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	420.0 KB
ID:	1392397

https://www.ebay.com/itm/29599775668...Bk9SR67e1-3pYg

~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X