No announcement yet.

My Rare and Interesting Findings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David, lemme know if you ever see an NOS '83-'87 Grand Marquis grille, haven't seen one pop-up yet.

Comment

You got it Brandon.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

and my NOS tail lights, just had to remind ya.
        1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
        1994 MGM GS Montigua
        2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
        2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

thats a fairmont ornament. i have one in my vast hood ornament collection lol.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
            Hard to say. Has some good things going for it. '79, wagon, slicktop, woodgrain, 351/C4 (not that that matters much, all 140hp worth), very good condition from the pics. What about it (other than some wear on the seats) did you think wasn't "presentable enough"?
            Yeah, the car is pretty neat, but there seems to be a major concern with everything outside the car. That rust is setting in pretty well on the DS doors, the woodgrain is failing all over, plently of trim is missing (which I've heard is rather hard to find numerous times in the forum here), the hood is getting bad in a hurry, and what the hell did they run over that dented up the bottom of the passenger rear quarter so gnarly like? lol

I do, however, want it's PS mirror and seamingly intact dash pad...:hacksaw:

Comment

:confused: Guess I need to go look at the pics again ... the outside of the car looked wheelie nice to me!

EDIT: Yeah, it is a good deal from perfect, even though it's lots better than anything I've had in recent years. Weird about the dents on the spare tire well, and how did they get rust going on the TOP part of the doors? Must be a rust-prone spot on a woody car sort of like the mirror mounts on a '81-up car. Curiously, though my '79 was rusted well past the point of being unfixable, I don't recall any rust in that location.
              Last edited by 1987cp; 01-06-2011, 03:33 PM.
              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Bah! I forgot all about the grille.
                2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

NOS 1979 Ford LTD Crown Victoria 2 dr sill plate

First one I ever seen on ebay

~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Nos 67 68 ford autolite starter solenoid c7af-11450-a1

Popular

~David~

Comment

Nos ford ltd mercury marquis fuel filler neck 1983-1986

woah

~David~

Comment

1979 Ford LTD Power Window Switch NOS NR

The covers are interchangeable so this will work for any single switch.

~David~

Comment

1987 Ford LX WAGON

I am in love

~David~

Comment

3 grand and it's still getting bids.

Damn, these cars might be an investment after all if prices keep climbing.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                            160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                            waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Saw that the other day. Imagine that thing painted the same Brown Metallic on your car?

As for the price, its getting up there especially with some of the issues with the trim and A/C being out. I am curious on the reserve which at almost 3K hasn't been met.

Pet pieve of mine.... "A/C only needs a recharge" yeah after new lines, condensor and evaporator.
                              2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                              2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                              Past Panthers
                              1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                              if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Originally posted by tjc78 View Post
                                Saw that the other day. Imagine that thing painted the same Brown Metallic on your car?

As for the price, its getting up there especially with some of the issues with the trim and A/C being out. I am curious on the reserve which at almost 3K hasn't been met.

Pet pieve of mine.... "A/C only needs a recharge" yeah after new lines, condensor and evaporator.
                                Yes it would look nice. I actually like it the way it is though. That was the same color my car was originally.

And i too hate people saying that the ac just needs to be recharged...I hate hate hate it. if it just needs to be recharged...why dont you do it??? because it needs more than a recharge....
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X