No announcement yet.

1980 & 1981 Mercury Marquis police packages - $1,000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they where closer, I could and would pick them up right now no problem. Bring so far away makes it far to expensive for me to do so, (the rollback gets around 8-10mpg on a good day) If he would be willing to donate them both to me for free, I would pay to have them both shipped here, and then fully restore whichever one was in the best shape, back to show quality. I'll e-mail or call him and see what he says. If he really cares about seeing the cars get saved, I think he will do it. If not, then you know what the answer will be. I seriously doubt anyone else will save these other than me, or the rare police car collector, so hopefully he says yes.

Comment

I think you would have to at least cover the potential scrap prices he could get for them to make him feel at ease.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I got him on the phone yesterday, he said he would take $800 for both of them, but couldn't go any lower. Which is a fair price for what they are, but once I factor in the huge cost of shipping with that, and the potential cost of restoring the car, it quickly becomes more of an investment than I want to make on another box. Especially considering that I am in the process of buying a nice house in the country with some acreage right now. I would never just straight out buy a car sight unseen anyway. Without being there to check it out in person, I have no way of knowing what condition the Frame is actually in. It could be rotted out at the bulkheads or other structurally important areas, have collision damage, stress cracks, or any number of other BS things that I don't want in the first place on any car that I plan to restore and keep.

It's cool that the car is a Marquis with an HD frame and 135mph speedo, but that's really all it has special over the other models. Not worth it to me when I already have one that's in really nice shape, that I can easily add the 135mph speedo to when I find it. If they where closer I would have no problem going to check them out, and possibly getting them for his asking price. It's just too far away for me to go to just check them out, when they may not even be worth buying. If he would donate them to me, I would pay for shipping, and then they could sit in my yard until I could get to them. It's not like I need another project right now though so it doesn't really matter to me.

Comment

Did you try asking for a speedometer?
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

or spot lights!! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
              Did you try asking for a speedometer?
              This was the same guy from before on ebay that said he didn't want to separate the speedo from the car. So, I didn't bother asking.

Comment

oh. Interesting.
                ~David~

Comment

I thought that red one looked familiar
                  Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
                  New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

it can't be the same the red one on ebay had no wheel covers and was in far worse condition and was dented to shit.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
                    -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
                    1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Working...
                    X