I'd Rock it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
    so I could see remotey silliness being handy if you carry a lot of yuppies who think everything has to have remote locks. And my mother-in-law's new Kia doesn't even have a way to open the trunk manually from the outside - no keyhole, no nothing!

My remote trunk popper button is in the dash .....
    You think that Kia is odd, my car doesn't even have keys....just a fob and a push button starter (OK there is a key hidden in the fob in case of emergency)

The best system IMHO is the door keypad the Townies and most all later model Ford products have. You can just toss your keys under the mat and use the keypad to get in.
    2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
    2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
    Past Panthers
    1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
    if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

No key? Is that one of those weird new Dodge products or something?

One of the things I like about the stuff I've got now is that everything-but-everything has manual locks. No solenoids to go bad!
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
        No key? Is that one of those weird new Dodge products or something?
        09 Hyundai Genesis

One of the things I like about the stuff I've got now is that everything-but-everything has manual locks. No solenoids to go bad!
        I remember replacing 3 out the 4 door lock solenoids on my 89 MGM, at that time the dealer still had them and they weren't cheap!
        2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
        2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
        Past Panthers
        1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
        if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Working...
        X