No announcement yet.

50th Anniversary '89 Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got the car back. Here is a picture of the 50th Anniversary medallion. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2549.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	1273110 There is one on each side of the car. I still have to clean it up a bit.
    "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach​ a man to fish and he'll sit in a boat drinking beer all day."

Comment

Hi guys, I had one of these 50th anniversary editions when I was in college, sort of. I say that because mine was a 1990 model with the 50th Anniversary top. A dealer must have slapped it on. It definitely had the full canvas top and the gold medallions. These are the only photos I have of it. I believe it was just a GS. I drove it for about 3 years until it started having electrical issues.

It served me well and made the 6 hour trip back and forth to school many times with a dual axle UHaul trailer in tow. The photo below is just before one of those trips. At the last minute the rear window wouldn't go up so I took a piece of cardboard and ducktaped it to the door and covered it with a school bookstore bag. No way I was driving 6 hours listening to a flapping bag so I made sure it was good and tight. LOL, those were the days.

Click image for larger version

Name:	100-0082_IMG.jpg
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	1273153

Name:	mycar01.jpg
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	1273154

Comment

Here is our "50th" Anniversary GM. Taking it south on 75 tonight to go to our granddaughter's BD party. I love how the cars "have" to pass us to show us how slow our clunker is. but with our V8 she ain't exactly slow. I get a lot of compliments here about the grille so here is another pic ( well, 2) of "The Grille". lol

Name:	IMG_2558.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	1273156Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2559.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	1273157

Last edited by papawto8; 10-04-2013, 08:09 AM.
        "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach​ a man to fish and he'll sit in a boat drinking beer all day."

Comment

So yours is a half-top compared to my full-top. Anyone else ever see a full-top like mine?

Comment

Working...
          X