Only $10K LOL!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only $10K LOL!

Saw this on Craigslist. Close to me if anyone wants me to check it out!

89 Colony Park
    90 Colony Park
    70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

APPEARS to be in nice shape - can I get 2 at $10K each??? SOMEBODY needs a "reality check"!!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

At $10K I would have to pick at every little detail...
      What happened to the hub cap centerpiece on the front drivers side?

Other than the pin stripe being in a different location and the color of the top that car look just like my 91 MGM only in way better shape, but not 20 times what I paid for my 91 better.
      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

On the engine pic, its missing the black plastic trim cover on the front of the plenum. The car doesn't have turbines, power antenna or Premium sound.
        Maybe his wife is making him sell it, so he put a high price on it so it won't sell! LOL!
        89 Colony Park
        90 Colony Park
        70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

Originally posted by WagonMan View Post
          Maybe his wife is making him sell it, so he put a high price on it so it won't sell! LOL!
          LOL, that must be.

Edit: As dirty as the underhood shot is, it's obvious he's not trying too hard to actually get $10K out of the car. Or it's a typo and he meant $1K.
          Last edited by VicCrownVic; 04-08-2014, 01:21 PM.
          Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
          ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Engine comparment looks like 125k to me, not 25k. Car looks clean on the outside, but I'd want to see the underside. Being from CT, it's probably got rot if it was driven in winter.
            Nick

Past: 1967 Continental convertible, 1987 TC Cartier, 1996 TC DAE & Signature, 2002 LS V8, 2006 Zephyr, 2010 MKZ AWD, and many more.....
            Current: 2010 F-150 Platinum Supercrew 4x4
            Wanted: 1967 or 1969 Contnential sedan
            Only in my dreams: A Continental Mark II

Comment

Thing is, why pay 10K when, there are a lot of comparable cars for around 5K?

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Yeah, the odo gears could have crapped out at 25K and he somehow never noticed or is planning on telling any potential buyers that it just stopped working the other day.
                Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

You mean the odo gears went out JUST before you got here to look at the car???

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

Comment

Same style seats as my GS, no rear arm rest in the back seatback.
                    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Originally posted by miamibob View Post
                      You mean the odo gears went out JUST before you got here to look at the car???
                      LOL, yep! I swear it was working yesterday, it's a known problem, ask anyone with a 90-94 MGM on grandmarq.net, they'll tell you I'm not lying.
                      Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Originally posted by sxcpotatoes View Post
                        Same style seats as my GS, no rear arm rest in the back seatback.
                        Same as my GS as well.

And no power antenna, no ditch/cornering lights, no turbines (already mentioned by someone else), looks like not ATC, doesn't look like premium sound... awful lot of missing options.
                        Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
                          LOL, yep! I swear it was working yesterday, it's a known problem, ask anyone with a 90-94 MGM on grandmarq.net, they'll tell you I'm not lying.
                          Happened on my Dad's '93 GM. Never got to fix it as a moron totaled it. Let's see the other BS stories....A/C just needs a recharge, windows are "off the track"....etc...

Comment

Working...
                          X