Odd '89 LTD CV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd '89 LTD CV

Despite this car being fairly worn and in need of work, I posted it since it lacks the vinyl roof, however it appears to have a LX badge beside LTD Crown Victoria on the trunk and seems really well optioned. The exterior strikes me slightly odd, since it has the more basic 15" wheel covers and lacks corner lights, but has all the extra LX chrome bits.

All I can think is someone slick topped this car or somehow someone ordered the car to be like that. Anyone else got ideas/want a project?

My Cars:
    -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
    -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Gloss appears to be higher on the roof so I think your suspicions are right; it was slick-topped. Car is too much of a project, has that "sat under a tree over ultra moist dirt so full of hidden cancer & dry, brittle rubber" look to it.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

The trim around the bottom edge of the roof is the clue. The poverty model cars didn't get that. Thats the trim that hid the edge of the vinyl.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I think the '88-91 got the c-pillar trim whether they were vinyl top or not. And they installed the B-pillar emblem which they would have had to remove from the molding on a 1/2 vinyl car. Most people leave those off.

Maybe it was a full vinyl top car in which case it may have had b-pillar lights... that are gone...

Certainly has an LX emblem and leather seats/wheel. But no power antenna or power passenger seat. Very strange indeed.
        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

In '88 all LTD's with the exception of police pkg & fleet stuff at least got the half vinyl roof. Power antenna or power passenger seat could still be an option depending on which LX package you selected. Betting '89 was the same. My '85 was like that.
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Working...
          X