1996 GM in Arlington, TX with 4446 miles - $4500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1996 GM in Arlington, TX with 4446 miles - $4500

Ad says it hasn't been started since 2004 and may have wiring issues. Looks amazing cosmetically, though. Thoughts?

Attached Files
    —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
    1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
    1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
    1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Base model with likely the OE plastic coolant crossover intake still on it. Would need essentially every fluid gone over along with all the hoses. Sitting does no favor to a car.

While it's low mileage, it's going to need work, so I'd say that price is a bit high.

My Cars:
    -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
    -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

My thought as well, however, seller seems to believe that low mileage trumps all of the above. If it were me, I would do the necessary work, scrounge a few junkyard harnesses to replace the chewed ones, and it'd be good go. It would take very little effort and cost to get it back up and running. Then he might have more seriousness behind the price.
      —John

1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)

Comment

Gosh I love that ugly color.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

If it was running... that price would fly. But since it's not running, let it sit a few more years.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Airbag looks moldy!
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Giraffe View Post
              My thought as well, however, seller seems to believe that low mileage trumps all of the above. If it were me, I would do the necessary work, scrounge a few junkyard harnesses to replace the chewed ones, and it'd be good go. It would take very little effort and cost to get it back up and running. Then he might have more seriousness behind the price.
              Mileage seems to trump all feasible logic in any case it seems. That coupled with shiny paint & a clean interior are the only things that nets bigger money short of someone showing a custom car with documented rebuilds and everything looking minty. Even then... I've never been able to get more money out of some car I've sold despite my binders full of documentation, telling and proving to sellers all fluids have been changed, undersides treated with Krown, ect ect. If anything, it seems the more verbage I add to a listing, the less interest I get. Meanwhile I watch ads for similar vehicles but in better shape cosmetically go all week long.
              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
              1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                Gosh I love that ugly color.
                It's the lime green of the '90s. My grandma owned a 1994 Cougar XR7 that was "champagne gold".
                —John

Comment

Working...
                X