No announcement yet.

What Panthers Did You Find?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost $6,200. With the rareness there and if everything (or at least the major stuff checks out) - doable!
    What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
    What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

I would say there would be a pretty good improvement in economy compared to the caprice.
      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

That first 2 tone car is sweet.
        All FORD All The Time

Comment

You should get very good gas mileage with the Crown Vic . With my 96. I get about 23-24 in town and up to 28 on the Interstate. I don't put cheap quality gas in it. 90+ octane.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
            You should get very good gas mileage with the Crown Vic . With my 96. I get about 23-24 in town and up to 28 on the Interstate. I don't put cheap quality gas in it. 90+ octane.
            Originally posted by jaywish View Post
            I would say there would be a pretty good improvement in economy compared to the caprice.
            ​Maybe, maybe not. The Caprice gets about 24-26 mpg purely highway and 20 in mixed driving.

Two points, the mileage the Vic would/should get is not that much better, also having a wagon is pretty necessary. Caprice seats 8 or fits whole damn drywall sheets. Not that I'm moving drywall often, but the huge trunk has been very useful more often than I'd have expected. Also the Vic would be a way harder car to sell when it comes time.

I'm living hard times, gasoline is about 8-9 usd per gallon. I'm broke and depressed, and trying to figure out if I want to be slightly less broke and more depressed or not. If I don't find a job before March, I'm fucked. Then there's no other choice than to get some 40+ mpg shitbox.
            1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
            1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

Good looking Vic.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I did not realize the Caprice did that well.
                03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

The vic wouldn't do any better on mileage then. Also, if it's got towing gears (3.55) instead of highway gears (2.73 or 3.08), it won't do any better than about 22mpg highway and only about 15-17 city. Lack of cargo space is a big issue if you need the space for stuff.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Somebody spotted a box Grand Marq in Moscow, police livery and a 88-91 tail panel.

Click image for larger version

Name:	aGE3986_700b.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	1395002

Comment

Originally posted by Arquemann View Post
                      Somebody spotted a box Grand Marq in Moscow, police livery and a 88-91 tail panel.
                      I'm sure the Mercury PoPo cars exist, but I'm old enough to remember when black & white boxes were commonplace- I never saw one. So that looks like lipstick on a pig to me, should be Ford flavor.

...I'm living hard times, gasoline is about 8-9 usd per gallon. I'm broke and depressed, and trying to figure out if I want to be slightly less broke and more depressed or not. If I don't find a job before March, I'm fucked...
                      ​Wha, what happens in March? Perhaps you should come to the land of opportunity and try your luck here!
                      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post

I'm sure the Mercury PoPo cars exist, but I'm old enough to remember when black & white boxes were commonplace- I never saw one. So that looks like lipstick on a pig to me, should be Ford flavor.
                        I doubt they have much to choose from over there, especially now. That one picture with an orange/yellow police box GM goes hard

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                        Wha, what happens in March? Perhaps you should come to the land of opportunity and try your luck here!

In March I gotta start making student loan payments. It's not absurd how you americans got it, but I'm on minimum unemployment, which is 600€ a month. Loan payments according to the presented plan is 200€ a month. 400€ a month isn't much to live off of, even if I live at my parents. I might not go bankrupt on the spot, but it ain't no situation to keep me mentally sane or to be keeping two cars.

USA is not a place I'd want to find myself living in. Land of opportunity to get shot, mugged, sued or to get in massive debt. I'd rather be miserable in Finland that in the US.
                        TBH I can't really imagine living in any other country either.
                        Last edited by Arquemann; 02-13-2024, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Ah, I see. I mothballed my Firebird for two or three years before I had disposable income to throw at it.

Yeah, I was being sarcastic. ​ I no longer want to live here.
                          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Seems most Finns who came to America settled in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan over to northern Minnesota, which is probably about as close to Finland as you can get in this country. You won't get shot up there, but you could overdose on fentanyl or meth.

Duluth really is a nice city. And gas is currently $2.33/gal, or roughly 0.58€ per liter.
                            1987 Lincoln Town Car - Signature, "Prudence"

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	aGE3986_700b.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	1395002
                              I can't quite make it out, but it seems to have the nubs on the wheels for the dog dishes - but that's an easy swap and not necessarily a hard to find wheel if you aren't picky about width or hubcap diameter. Seems to possibly have the remains of spotlight mount. But the 88/91 door trim tells me it's likely a nose swap and there's no Mercury PI package that late in the box years that I know of.
                              1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                              1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                              Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                              Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post

I can't quite make it out, but it seems to have the nubs on the wheels for the dog dishes - but that's an easy swap and not necessarily a hard to find wheel if you aren't picky about width or hubcap diameter. Seems to possibly have the remains of spotlight mount. But the 88/91 door trim tells me it's likely a nose swap and there's no Mercury PI package that late in the box years that I know of.
                                Looking at the C-pillar, the bottom trim is also newer style.
                                So probably an '88+ with an older nose and rear bumper.

Seems like unlike you americans, me seeing a police livery american car here doesn't make me think that it is/was a real police car. Especially on older stuff it's more likely to be just a livery.
                                The likehood of someone being dumb enough to import an 80's american cop car to Europe is kinda low. American = luxury or classic, and a malaise cop car aint that. Or if they really want a cop car it's a whale vic.

Comment

Working...
                                X