No announcement yet.

80-83 Lincoln Mark VI Trunk Badges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jason_GMQ91 sent them to me when I bought the grill springs/clips off of him.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
      I have these. If you want. I'll just charge ya a fiver for shipping via priority pad pack.

Nice!, as rare as Mark VI parts are I wasn't expecting to find one anytime soon. PM me with your paypal addy, and I'll get that sent to ya.

I bought a Mark VII one awhile back, and cut a letter off, still doesn't look 100% stock though, so I'm not happy with it.

Thanks again mang!

Comment

A junkyard connection in Atlanta, Georgia found the MKVI Continental lettering for me yesterday.

Slymer is sending me the Mark VI emblems.

I just bought an NOS '80 MKVI PS Tail Lamp lense on ebay the other day.

An NOS or uncracked used PS Front Turn Signal is the ONLY remaining rare hard to find MKVI body part that I need for my entire car to be mint! I will pay up to $250 for an uncracked used piece, or up to $500 for an NOS piece. I troll ebay daily for this one single part myself.

Comment

Got the badges from Slymer today. In 10x better shape than they look in the pics, won't even have to have these re-chromed. Thanks mang! One will be going on my car, and I'll save the other for someone else who needs one in the future.

Checkout the difference between the Mark VI and Mark VII badges. Not much, but just enough for the discerning eye to notice, even if you were to cut one eye off. The MKVI badge feels much more quality made as well.

Comment

they look good!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

I'm on a MKVI parts buying spree right now. I got my NOS PS Tail Lamp Lense today as well. It looked so good and clear that it put my DS Lense to shame in a big way, so I had to go back on ebay and buy an NOS DS one. Got it for only $40 shipped. God I love ebay, though it drains my wallet like no other site on the internet.

Comment

i hear that! lol are the trunk lid supports still working fine? thats on my list for my lincoln this spring.

Comment

I'm thinking of replacing the piston lifts in my mark with a mechanical spring lift (if such a thing doesn't exist... I may make one). The passenger side lift is already crapped out. Worked probably though 4 cycles (open and shut) before it crapped. I swear these things are the worst invention for this location (and hoods as well) ever!

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

so im not the only one to go through a new set quick. id love to find another solution to this as well.

Comment

Yea, the TL supports are still doing well. I store some "special items" in the trunk, so I open it quite abit. Probably have open/closed it at least 100 times by now. Strongarm shocks are known for lasting about 2-3 years and 4-500 extend/compression cycles before they shit teh bed. Supposedly what makes them crap out is dirt/debris getting on the shaft, and then when they are compressed, the debris gets swept past the inner seal and gouges it. After so many times of that happening the seal is compromised, the gas/oil leaks out, and the shock loses its strength.

Could always install the Torsion Arm setup from a 79-91 CV/GM. Would only require drilling a few holes, and tack welding on a couple brackets/studs in the correct location. I like the gas shocks personally, so I'll just replace them every few years as needed.

Comment

'80 MK VI coupe (many additional parts)

This guy might have some parts that you're searching for.

'79 Continental Town Car
                        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Thanks for the link 79lincolnlover, but I pretty much have everything that I need, other than the PS Front Turn Signal Lense, which is unobtanium. The few other little trim pieces that I need, I can easily find in mint condition on one of the many box Towncars that we always have in the junkyards around here. Someone can delete this thread whenever, I'll start a new one for just the Turn Signal Lense.

Comment

Working...
                          X