No announcement yet.

Unobtainium: Police buckets for a box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The SN95 seats I have now are the closest looking and feeling seats to the old P72 buckets, but are not anywhere near as comfortable as the P72's. Ditto on the Fairmont/Base Mustang seats being the same. Even some Tempos I have looked at in the JY seem very similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
      I have heard from someone that restores that first generation Taurus buckets seats fit . Maybe someone here knows for sure?
      The trouble isn't so much finding seats that can work, but finding sliders that really work well with them. For example, Mustang seats use a narrower bolt pattern than the split-bench seats. You can drill extra floor-mounting holes in bench/split-bench sliders, but it leaves you sitting a bit high, and the curvature of the Panther bench slider isn't quite right for the flat Mustang seat bottom.

Mustang seat + P72 slider is quite nice, but good luck finding P72 sliders, and if you have P72 sliders you probably have the P72 seats to go with them.

Bugging some poor guy on eBay revealed that Fox and SN95 sliders interchange with each other but would require either extensive modification or else a custom intermediate bracket to mount into a Panther. For some, it may end up being worthwhile to pay the bucks for an aftermarket slider assembly.

Of course, if your Box is a '90-'91, consider just getting complete P71 seats and calling it good. No idea what the seat-to-slider bolt pattern is, though.
      Last edited by 1987cp; 02-07-2012, 02:58 PM.
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Try Buzz at Southern Motors in Charlotte, NC. Same used squad dealer I bought my '86 Crown Vic from. I know he has an '82 with red factory buckets and an '85 with blue factory buckets for sale. He may have spare seats or could swap out stuff.

Comment

ive been toying with the idea of putting thunderbird seats in , very comfy, i saw a set of leather ones and look an awfly lot likt the same ones that are in a mark vii, i actually have a couples seats apart right now, maybe if it gets nice out and ill get froggy and take mt driver seat out to see if the seats will bolt up
          89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Try Buzz at Southern Motors in Charlotte, NC. Same used squad dealer I bought my '86 Crown Vic from. I know he has an '81 with red factory buckets and an '85 with blue factory buckets for sale. He may have spare seats or could swap out stuff.

Sorry, no interior picture of the '85, but I have seen it and it has buckets. Both cars are former Virginia State Police.

Comment

Working...
            X