No announcement yet.

ltb Variable Venturi Carb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't your VV car come with a TV rod instead of a cable? If so, you might see about fitting the rod to your replacement carburetor. The Lokar cable works well, but if money is tight you might want to spend the cost of the cable on something else instead.
    Last edited by 1987cp; 09-14-2011, 01:24 PM.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
      Didn't your VV car come with a TV rod instead of a cable?
      if you're referring to mine, It's an 83 if that helps. I haven't looked in a while so don't recall.

According to spotter guide at Ford-trucks.com
      Uses TV (throttle valve) linkage & cable on left side to carb/throttle body.

T.A. Malpass 83 LTD Crown Victoria P43

Comment

yeah i know... these carbs suck. for some reason Ive had good luck wid my 89. Never gave me problems. I guess I just have a good one. lol. But i may just go that route to just an intake. Ive got 3 holley carbs. I just not sure oh to convert the TV rod to cables. Thats what i have in building is the gas pedal cable and tv cable and brackets.

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
          and anything not paired with an AOD will require messing about with the aftermarket TV bracketry or fabbing your own.
          Fuck that, been there done that... no thanks.

Comment

It's actually incredibly easy to install an aftermarket TV cable. I actually considered trying to use the car's original TV rod when I swapped my '81 back to an AOD, but I had a disused Lokar cable handy, so I used that since it's what I'm more familiar with.

For mounting, I just made a little plate to mount the cable housing to the stock throttle cable bracket. Annoying, but didn't take very long. My current routing runs the cable at a funny angle, but what torquelover did on my his/my P72 is better.
            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Working...
            X